USB connection to PC

xtremedition

Reaction score
Hi,

Whenever I connect my Galaxy Nexus to the PC via USB, the phone charges but does not show that phone is connected to the PC. So, I'm basically unable to transfer larger files (2gb +) to my phone. MTP is checked under USB computer connection. I've tried in both the front and back USB hubs of the PC. I would really appreciate a quick and usable solution.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What version of windows are you using?

When I plug mine in it automatically pops up the file folder.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did it as to install a driver or install one when you first plugged it in?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hrm, should work just fine. Tried another cable? Could always just go into start>computer>portable devices>galaxy nexus.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would uninstall the drivers, restart, then plug the Nexus in and have it reinstall. If for some reason it doesn't work you'll have to find the most up to date drivers yourself. After you install the drivers I would restart just to be sure.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Are you rooted at all? Running any sort of custom kernel that allows fast USB charging?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, are you running a custom rom? If you are, and fast charging is enabled, your computer won't "see" your phone. You'll need to disable it, disconnect, then reconnect.

angelman

Reaction score
I too have been unable to connect to my windows 7 pc. I don't even remember it asking for drivers.. maybe but I don't remember. I tried both usb types, but nothing. My OG connected like a charm. Where could I find the drivers to install manually?
I also tried connecting to a macbook air with no success either. It seemed to briefly recognise something was connected and brought up iphoto but then nothing appeared.

nleksan

Reaction score
I am running GummyNex 0.9.0 and I have been wanting to upgrade to 1.0.1 but whenever I plug my phone in, it is not recognized? I don't know if this ROM has "fast charging" enabled, or if so how to even disable it? I would really appreciate the help..

Weird thing is, it has recognized the phone maybe 2/10 times that I have tried, but any time I try to transfer files it chokes up windows explorer and I have to force-close everything (Win7 Home Premium 64 sp1).