UD 2.5 This Sunday.....

aldeghij

Reaction score
Droidmere, why do you think that an update will take away root? The rom blocks the OTAs from happening...

I've seen many people in other threads saying they lost root after the update...I haven't heard of a rom blocking an update though..unless it was made with the new build source..Can anyone confirm that the UD ROM will block the update?

Yep, it's blocked.... i haven't had an OTA come thru in a long time...

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Droidmere, why do you think that an update will take away root? The rom blocks the OTAs from happening...

I've seen many people in other threads saying they lost root after the update...I haven't heard of a rom blocking an update though..unless it was made with the new build source..Can anyone confirm that the UD ROM will block the update?

Even if you get a notification for the OTA update your custom recovery will block it

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Originally Posted by necronomican
Long as your rooted you shouldn't get ota updates.

My girlfriend's Droid is rooted, but with the stock ROM and she is getting the OTA update message. When you click on the button to go ahead and load it however, it boots into SPR. At which point you just say to reboot the phone.

So, I suppose that you are correct in saying that you won't get the update. But you will get the update message. Which is even more annoying. Anyone know how to prevent that? This may be my chance to load a new ROM on the phone for her as I know that will get rid of it...

Well, I have been really enjoying 2.4, so I am looking forward to 2.5, whenever it arrives.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Wow kind of wish blackdroid would just say on his twitter and facebook "working on bugs" and not give release dates cuz then we have to deal with another one of these threads!

I can see your point but it does give me something to look forward to. Its also fun to read all the posts and watch people have a melt down when Sunday comes and goes with no update. Its like watching ur kids open gifts on xmas morning and them not getting the the present they wanted. Only to get it the next day. Is that wrong? LOL

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I said pretty much the same thing last time, and then got bashed until they realized it wasn't gonna be released on the date he said.

I think, "Working on 2.X release" would be better than giving a date. Then we can still look forward to it but not be disappointed. Better for us and for his image as a dev. As of now his word stands true 40% of the time.

daddyshatch

Reaction score
Wow kind of wish blackdroid would just say on his twitter and facebook "working on bugs" and not give release dates cuz then we have to deal with another one of these threads!

I can see your point but it does give me something to look forward to. Its also fun to read all the posts and watch people have a melt down when Sunday comes and goes with no update. Its like watching ur kids open gifts on xmas morning and them not getting the the present they wanted. Only to get it the next day. Is that wrong? LOL

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I said pretty much the same thing last time, and then got bashed until they realized it wasn't gonna be released on the date he said.

I think, "Working on 2.X release" would be better than giving a date. Then we can still look forward to it but not be disappointed. Better for us and for his image as a dev. As of now his word stands true 40% of the time.

It should be called UH-Ultimate Hype! More like 10%.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
He usually doesnt update til around midnight... if it comes out today or tuesday we'll see but it will be worth the wait