TV on Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BeerCityKid, Jul 17, 2010.

1. BeerCityKid

BeerCityKid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got myself a 3rd shift job and have no access to the internet via PC. What ways do you watch tv on the droid? I am rooted and running froyo.dancedroid

2. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    I've taken Youtube videos, things like "apollo 13 the real story" (6 parts), and using the DownloadHelper plug-in for Firefox pull the video to my pc and then convert it if need be with Any Video Converter. This lets me watch content locally, without needing any connection to the outside world. I haven't tried it but you might be able to use abc.com and other such sites to watch their recent shows if you have flash on the phone. Programs like Orb let you stream content from your computer to your web enabled devices too.

3. drowe

drowe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Slingbox!!

4. jgumphress

jgumphress Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Get TV.com from the Market, it's free. Watch full length tv shows anytime. You can also use simple free PC based converters to load DVDs to your Droid for watching later.

5. liam.

liam. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What are the names of those converters? Is it hard to do?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Taboot

Taboot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Get yourself an Easynews account and Rockplayer.

7. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    if you have a pc at home with a tuner card.
    i use orb, free software for your pc. install. it will walk you through the configuration. it serves up, tv, and all of your media. you call with a browser i watch all my video, my very own content on my dvr, pics, docs, music my sirius account. it works unreal. been using since my dare days. give it a whirl you will love it.

8. jgumphress

jgumphress Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One I realy like is RealPlayer. A lot of people don't like it because they had a lot of problems when it first came out. I think it works well now. It will downlod almost any video you run across on the web, i.e. YouTube, etc., and then you can use it to convert any audio or video to Motorola Droid and many other formats. Very easy to use. If you use the convert-to-Droid and have your Droid SD card mounted to your PC it will auto install the video to you Droid when it finishes converting without having to do anything else. And it's a free software. Get it at realplayer.com

9. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69

Slingbox is probably the best possible tv experience you can have, if you want to pay the initial investment.

$189 or so for the slingbox
    $30 for the app

But no monthly fees... lets you watch whatever you have on your tv at home, be it cable, satellite etc

10. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    RockPlayer is the sh*t, plays just about every format - avi,wm,mp4,divx,xvid and many others without any converting. just load your video to your phone and play!

11. CSCool6

CSCool6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like jetflicks. The app is 1.99 I think in the market and then a subscription fee. It has a good variety of shows, even some in their current season.

12. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    if you do have access to a PC, you can always set it up to use the Droid's internet connection, otherwise, there are a couple of streaming solutions mentioned in the video section of these forums:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/59636-streaming-video-android-dropbox.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/59476-hq-streaming-picasa.html

For free movies, you can visit the Internet Archive. They collect movies and TV shows that are out of copyright. Older movies, such as Hercules, Ben Hur, Cleopatra and more, and are available in Droid-compatible MP4 format.

Movies
    TV

Search tags for this page

android sex tv forum

driod tv on pc

droid tv for pc

problems with droid tv

sex tv for andriod

sex tv for android

sex/tv.free

watch tv free app for my driod

what browser is compatible for tv watching on droid bionic