Turn Your Useless Android Into A Media Center!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When you drop your device and shatter the screen it pretty much becomes useless. You could get the screen replaced for $125, but if you are carrying an Android device it may be hard to find someone with the correct parts to fix your device. Even if you could get your screen fixed it may not be financially practical to do so. A device that you could sell for $150 would not be worth paying $125 to fix the screen. While you won't be able to use this device you can pretty easily turn it into a full fledged media center.

Your device will need to be one that supports MHL. Requirements include A USB OTG and a mouse to use to control your device during setup, MHL adapter used to display your device's screen on the TV, and a way to control your device remotely. The total cost of this setup would be less than $40 and could be a great use for a now useless device. Head to the link below for the full guide.

Via XDA

Reactions: CJM

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Mine is still pristine. My Moto X on the other hand...

a62d008278eac6cc1a32ffd1a3e1c7eb.jpg

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I rebuild D1's. That looks like a job to me. lol I dont have any broken phones here. :D

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have an HTC One that has a busted screen. Still works fine if you don't mind looking through the cracks.

IsixedThat