Turn off open next item on close

portlandjosh

Reaction score
[oops, I meant "turn off open next item on DELETE" not "close"]

Is there a way to change the email program so that when you delete an email, it doesn't automatically open the next item? It drives me crazy. The Gmail program seems to not do this, but the corporate email prog doesn't have a setting to change.

Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give K9 a try. It is a free app available in the market

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to your newest obsession, portlandjosh! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum! Mike is right, K9 is probably your best bet. Enjoy!

:welcome:

ShowTime

Reaction score
Just delete them via your inbox view, as opposed to from within a specific email view.

OP
P

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Just delete them via your inbox view, as opposed to from within a specific email view.

Hm, I think that is exactly what i am doing, from the inbox view. I tried K9, but it doesn't seem to work with my exchange server...

Thanks for the help. Had my Droid for three days now, and I'm loving it. I've been a BB user for years, and finally broke free!

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
For use with exchange, I"d recommend touchdown. It's not free, but a good program for use with exchange.

warrior21

Reaction score
After you read the email hit the back button to take you to the main screen and check the box on the left hand side of the title and hit delete.