1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Turn off open next item on close

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by portlandjosh, Mar 22, 2010.

1. portlandjosh

portlandjosh New Member

[oops, I meant "turn off open next item on DELETE" not "close"]

Is there a way to change the email program so that when you delete an email, it doesn't automatically open the next item? It drives me crazy. The Gmail program seems to not do this, but the corporate email prog doesn't have a setting to change.

Thanks!
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Give K9 a try. It is a free app available in the market

Mike
  3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Welcome to your newest obsession, portlandjosh! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum! Mike is right, K9 is probably your best bet. Enjoy!

:welcome:

4. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Just delete them via your inbox view, as opposed to from within a specific email view.
  5. portlandjosh

portlandjosh New Member

Hm, I think that is exactly what i am doing, from the inbox view. I tried K9, but it doesn't seem to work with my exchange server...

Thanks for the help. Had my Droid for three days now, and I'm loving it. I've been a BB user for years, and finally broke free!
  6. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

For use with exchange, I"d recommend touchdown. It's not free, but a good program for use with exchange.
  7. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

After you read the email hit the back button to take you to the main screen and check the box on the left hand side of the title and hit delete.