General Questions

rjenk

Reaction score
1. Is there any way to disable the screen timeout when the Droid is connected via USB so that it stays turned on?

2. Gmail: Is there any way to do a select all? If items are selected you can un-select all but there is no way I have found to select all (trying to select all messages and delete).

3. Gmail: When you are viewing a message and you delete it you are taken back out to the main list of messages. Is there any way to have it go to the next message automatically instead? It would reduce the number of taps.

4. Is there a way to calibrate the screen?

izu516

Reaction score
1. In the Settings, under "Applications" and "Development", you are given an option called "Stay Awake". Checking it keeps your Droid awake while charging.

2. No

3. I'm not sure

4. No

OP
rjenk

rjenk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...hopefully the Gmail items will be added in the future.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...hopefully the Gmail items will be added in the future.
I would like to see G-mail add the ability to select more than one message a time for deletion as well.

izu516

Reaction score
On the contrary, it does have that. In your inbox, touch those faded checkmarks on the left side and they'll turn green. A bar comes on the bottom of the screen containing 'Archive', 'Labels', and 'Delete'. Select as many emails as you want and touch 'Delete' to batch delete.

OP
rjenk

rjenk

Reaction score
You still have to individually select messages. If you are working with a large number of messages it gets to be a hassle. It would be nice to select all and then unselect any messages you want to keep and then delete, archive, etc.

bacalao

Reaction score
I actually prefer it to back out to the inbox after I delete a message. Just me, so if it changes, I hope there's an option.