Turn of Data Droid 1

lerit50

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was an app that if you leave your droid alone and let it sleep for say, 15 minutes, the app will turn off data usage (pretty much turn off 3g) in order to save battery.

I know the D1 battery is very nice and i'm not complaining at all, but it would be nice to save even more!

So could you guys or gals point me in the right direction?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id check out something along the lines of Juice Defender. sounds like itll do what u want

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
PERFECT! I installed it and played around with it... just what I wanted! Thank you

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha no problem - theres also a paid version that has more options

Bilgediver

Reaction score
And if you're worried about battery life, the Droid 2 extended battery
(official part # BP7X) fits the original droid just fine! I just bought it at
a verizon wireless store today, and I have it in my phone, and its charging up as we speak.

1300 mAh original
1860 mAh extended

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
a verizon wireless store today, and I have it in my phone, and its charging up as we speak.

1300 mAh original
1860 mAh extended

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

how much did that cost you?

Bilgediver

Reaction score

1300 mAh original
1860 mAh extended

how much did that cost you?

$39.36 with tax, but I do get a discount by working for the US Navy.
As to the price, well its a straight up Motorola Product so I know its going to be quality (as compared with 3rd party batteries)

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Juice Defender seems to be somewhat of an anomaly. It doesn't help much for heavy users who really need more time out of their batteries, but does work for medium to light users, who probably don't need the extra time since they can make it through the day without it and recharge overnight. A bigger battery is probably the best solution for anyone who can't make it through the day with the original battery, or a second battery of the same size as the original with a wall charger. I went through eBay and got a couple of cheap "OEM" batteries (abt. $3 ea.) and two very inexpensive wall chargers ($4 ea) and keep charged batteries handy. While the cheap batteries don't last as long as the original, they certainly last long enough to keep my phone operating until the original battery is recharged. This way, my phone is not tethered to a charging cord when I want to use it.

ruinah

Reaction score
Juice Defender seems to be somewhat of an anomaly. It doesn't help much for heavy users who really need more time out of their batteries, but does work for medium to light users, who probably don't need the extra time since they can make it through the day without it and recharge overnight. A bigger battery is probably the best solution for anyone who can't make it through the day with the original battery, or a second battery of the same size as the original with a wall charger. I went through eBay and got a couple of cheap "OEM" batteries (abt. $3 ea.) and two very inexpensive wall chargers ($4 ea) and keep charged batteries handy. While the cheap batteries don't last as long as the original, they certainly last long enough to keep my phone operating until the original battery is recharged. This way, my phone is not tethered to a charging cord when I want to use it.

I did the same thing. Bought a wall charger for the battery off ebay and have a spare battery. I only use it on weekends or if I forget my charger or traveling. I've always liked having a spare battery for my phone. I've done that with just about every phone I've ever had.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I went to buy.com and bought a second, identical battery for my D1 and one of those standalone chargers that plugs into USB or you can use a BB wall charger. Then I got my D2 as a replacement and it came with a battery too so now I'm set.

My battery life is set for a full work day but it drains more when I'm in my office because it tries to search for 3g and I'm in a bomb shelter. If I worked where there was good signal, I'd be extra set.

Every once in a while, I'll need to switch batteries on the way home if I'm in my second vehicle (no charger in it)

Bilgediver

Reaction score
It is a few extra mm thicker, but not really noticeable. However I know now it won't automatically fit the car dock, I have to cut some plastic off the car dock to make it fit

Droidforums.net appified!