trrying to decide...

Derek32

Reaction score
i will be buying my first smartphone*(verizon)* tommorrow for full retail price

im trying to decvide between

Dx

D2

strongly leading towards D2 because of its smaller siize and its physical keyboard.

any cons with the D2?

any pros worth knowing about?

i am waking uotommorrow and going straight t o verizon because today i called and after all the crazy stuff on the rerecorded thing telling you to hit a certain number for a ceertain option i ended upon the phone with a guy from north carolina(wtf lol)

he had told em t hat he c an check the stock of the store near me(route 211E middletown ny) and he said there were 24 in stock at like 4:30 today he said i will have no problem getitng one tommorrow morning that he doesnt see them selling out by then...

im going early thoug just to make sure i get one because i need a phone asap my samsung reality broke and its hard being a teenager without a phone lol..

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Samsung Fascinate. It has a superior screen, processor, and form factor i think to all of the other droids.Go to a Verizon store and play with all of them and then see what you like.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
im not a big samsung fan at all and it doesnt have3 a physical keyboard. i sort of narrowed it down to Dx and D2 once i realized how crappy blackberrys are lol

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Besides the few obvious differences between the two phones ie: screen size and physical keyboard, they are almost identical on the inside

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
then its set..im goint to be the proud owner of a D2 tommorrow! i cant wait to9 get it and start playing aorund with it there is soo much more you can do with smarthones than the feature phones on verizon. are droids confusing to use?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either way you go would be a good choice, but for me I would have a hard time without a physical keyboard

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
thats what i w as saying lol. ive had one touch s creen keyboaard before(grantedit was the c hocolate touch a horrible phone) i still like being able to feel the keys

everstar80

Reaction score
Droid 2 is what I recommend for a teenager the qwerty keyboard alone. If you spend alot of time texting, looking up stuff on the internet, or sending emails, then this phone will make life much easier. Also, it will be easier to carry if you're always carrying it around at school. The processor is fast and great internet. The droid 2 will fit best with your school schedule. Hope that helps.

Jamb

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice before you start downloading your apps,check them out for reviews,quirks,features. If you google the app there is plenty of information from previous users save yourself the trouble of downloading and then deleting the apps. Some apps have 8-10 versions like notes and others so there is also a widow of information that pops up in first retrieval of apps at the market telling what areas you will be using for each app such as location and contact informaton. check and read Droid beginners sticky they are very helpful on this forum. Good luck with the New Droid!dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, I think you should spend an hour test driving the phones. Hopefully, that will allow you to decide which phone is best for you.