an unrooted droid.....

zathus

Reaction score
so, tomorrow im getting a D2 from VZ to replace my droid. today I unrooted it, did a full wipe yada yada so I can send it back... holy cow! 2.2 on a unrooted droid is crap lol. flash sucks, every other app FCs. the markets all screwed up and FCs, wont load or just craps out. the browser runs like garbage... I mean its bad. when people would ask me how I liked my droid and I would say that I still felt it was the best phone on the market they all looked so shocked. I now understand why. if I were to buy a droid today..stock out of the box. it would probably be sent back tomorrow. thank god for rooting, roms and overclocking huh? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

REMilk

Reaction score
so, tomorrow im getting a D2 from VZ to replace my droid. today I unrooted it, did a full wipe yada yada so I can send it back... holy cow! 2.2 on a unrooted droid is crap lol. flash sucks, every other app FCs. the markets all screwed up and FCs, wont load or just craps out. the browser runs like garbage... I mean its bad. when people would ask me how I liked my droid and I would say that I still felt it was the best phone on the market they all looked so shocked. I now understand why. if I were to buy a droid today..stock out of the box. it would probably be sent back tomorrow. thank god for rooting, roms and overclocking huh? lol

Lets See. I have an unrooted Droid 2.2, never rooted.
1. Flash - Flash is just Ok for me, but it does not run like crap.
2. I cannot remember the last time I had a Forced Close, but it has been a couple of weeks.
3. App market appears fine, I have had no problems, loads fine and never seen a forced close here
4. Stock browser runs fine

Now I have never rooted so I cannot say anything positive or negative about rooted phones, but there must be a problem after the unrooting process that is causing all your problems.

Sincerely,
Bob

Bob

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah...bet it was something related to unrooting that caused the FC issues etc before returning the phone. Stock 2.2 is not THAT bad.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, I disagree with everything you say. I have an unrooted D2, Flash works great on it. I've had no problems with it what so ever in regards to force closes. D2 straight out of the box is a fine phone, the only thing I don't like is the amount of bloatware that comes with it.

I've had my D1 rooted, running at 1ghz and I'll tell you right now that the D2 handles the web, Flash, and just about everything else just fine. Maybe you screwed something up when you rooted it and brought it back to stock, because my Droid 2 is working great.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Original Droid...still the Best Device out IMO