1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Troubles pairing with Ford Sync

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sfreemanoh, Jun 7, 2011.

1. sfreemanoh

sfreemanoh New Member

This has happened on multiple ROM's, so I doubt it's that. Basically, when I start the pairing, and try entering the 6-digit code Sync provides, my phone sometimes (usually) says something like "Failed to pair", before I can even finish entering the code. Sometimes it fails before I even start typing in the code at all. IF I can finish entering the code and hit OK in time, it works, but it's taken six tries before, and the last time I just gave up after about ten tries. Has anyone seen an issue like this pairing a device to your phone?
  2. judd

judd New Member

I had the same issue with my droid 2 and sync,took about 10 tries to get it set up on both my cars. Didn't find a good solution just got lucky and quicker the more I tried.
  3. mopartonyg

mopartonyg New Member

hi all i had the same problem with wifes edge and x. i by pased the code sync sends u. there is a place to enter your own code. i entered my own code and worked the first time. good luck
  4. clemarr

clemarr New Member

I had the moto Droid 1 and didn't have any trouble with my Sync. I did have to enter the code pretty fast though or I would have to do it again. Now my Droid finally died so I got an IPhone last weekend to check it out. Well it is going back this weekend and I am going to get the Droid X2. The iPhone and my Ford Sync did not get a long at all. I am on a week long trip for work and had a bunch of pod cast and I finally gave up and hooked it up to the USB port. Hopefully the X2 will be play nice with the Sync like my Droid 1 did.
  5. Buttercup9000

Buttercup9000 New Member

When I tried to pair my Droid X to Ford Sync this morning, it would not accept repeated attempts at entering the PIN code and I kept getting an error message. So after swearing at the phone and the car, I stormed back into the house and found this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-droid-will-not-pair-ford-sync.html#post12644

I tried it again and when Sync gave me the 6 digit PIN number, I used the arrow button on the steering wheel to advance the display to "Special PIN," which was a 4 digit number. I used that, the phone paired immediately, and so far seems to be problem-free.
  6. nateohio

nateohio New Member

Same problem here, I think it just times out too quick.

Haven't found a fix yet, just get quicker typing the pin in.
  7. sfreemanoh

sfreemanoh New Member

Well, I just flashed a new ROM yesterday so I need to pair again, I'll try the "special code" method. Thanks for the replies everyone.
Search tags for this page
2011 ford edge phone pairing failed
can't pair moto x with ford sync
failed phone pairing with sync

ford edge sync pairing failed

ford sync bluetooth sync immediately fails

ford sync pairing failed immediately

ford sync paring failed
how do i get the six digit code from sync
how to pair moto x with ford sync
mb886 ford sync
moto x pairing ford sync