Troubles pairing with Ford Sync

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
This has happened on multiple ROM's, so I doubt it's that. Basically, when I start the pairing, and try entering the 6-digit code Sync provides, my phone sometimes (usually) says something like "Failed to pair", before I can even finish entering the code. Sometimes it fails before I even start typing in the code at all. IF I can finish entering the code and hit OK in time, it works, but it's taken six tries before, and the last time I just gave up after about ten tries. Has anyone seen an issue like this pairing a device to your phone?

judd

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my droid 2 and sync,took about 10 tries to get it set up on both my cars. Didn't find a good solution just got lucky and quicker the more I tried.

mopartonyg

Reaction score
hi all i had the same problem with wifes edge and x. i by pased the code sync sends u. there is a place to enter your own code. i entered my own code and worked the first time. good luck

clemarr

Reaction score
I had the moto Droid 1 and didn't have any trouble with my Sync. I did have to enter the code pretty fast though or I would have to do it again. Now my Droid finally died so I got an IPhone last weekend to check it out. Well it is going back this weekend and I am going to get the Droid X2. The iPhone and my Ford Sync did not get a long at all. I am on a week long trip for work and had a bunch of pod cast and I finally gave up and hooked it up to the USB port. Hopefully the X2 will be play nice with the Sync like my Droid 1 did.

Buttercup9000

Reaction score
When I tried to pair my Droid X to Ford Sync this morning, it would not accept repeated attempts at entering the PIN code and I kept getting an error message. So after swearing at the phone and the car, I stormed back into the house and found this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-droid-will-not-pair-ford-sync.html#post12644

I tried it again and when Sync gave me the 6 digit PIN number, I used the arrow button on the steering wheel to advance the display to "Special PIN," which was a 4 digit number. I used that, the phone paired immediately, and so far seems to be problem-free.

nateohio

Reaction score
Same problem here, I think it just times out too quick.

Haven't found a fix yet, just get quicker typing the pin in.

OP
S

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
Well, I just flashed a new ROM yesterday so I need to pair again, I'll try the "special code" method. Thanks for the replies everyone.