Pairing w Ford Sync

mikecoll12

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm brand new here, and I don't even know if I'm posting in the right place. However, I'd appreciate your help.

I think my question's pretty simple.

I have a new Verizon Droid Incredible. I already own a 2010 Mustang with Sync, and I'm trying to pair the new phone with it. In other words, I'm just starting.

When I get onto Sync, it gives me a code to put in and says, "Find Sync on your device and enter the code." But I can't find Sync on my phone. Do I need to download something, or am I stupidly overlooking something that's really obvious?
Thanks!

Mike

khw1959

Reaction score
Connecting a Bluetooth headset or car kit
You can listen to music over an Bluetooth stereo headset, or have hands-free conversations using a compatible Bluetooth headset or car kit. It’s the same procedure to set up stereo audio and hands-free.
For you to listen to music with your headset or car kit, the headset or car kit must support the A2DP Bluetooth profile.
Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings.
If Bluetooth is not switched on, tap the Bluetooth check box to switch it on.
Make sure that the headset is discoverable, so that your phone can find the headset. Refer to the instructions that came with the headset to find out how to set it in discoverable mode.
Tap Scan for devices. Your phone will start to scan for Bluetooth devices within range.
When you see the name of your headset displayed in the Bluetooth devices section, tap the name. Your phone then automatically tries to pair with the headset. If automatic pairing fails, enter the passcode supplied with your headset

Kias

Reaction score
Yeah, those are the generic instructions...

The car will give a really long number and my original droid doesn't give you much time to get all the numbers in once you start. I don't know if they fixed that on the incredible. Also, once you're sync'd, the car will ask you if you want to download the address book. Your phone will send you a notification and ask if you want this to be done as a PBAP request. (I think... something like that...) Don't know if you've used your ford sync before, but you definitely want to do this.

Also, before you sync your phone to your car, give your phone a good name in the bluetooth settings. I named mine, "The Awesome Droid is Now" So when I start my car, the screen says, "The Awesome Droid is Now Connected!"

Passengers get a kick out of that. If you can't get that long number in your phone in time, I read somewhere you can push one of the buttons on the steering wheel to change it to a 3 digit code... I'll look that up if you need it.

Have fun!

smtom

Reaction score
Sync isn't on the phone, its on the car. Follow Sync pairing instructions from car. Gotta type fast when phone asks for auth code from car.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App