OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

*Or if I have my phone plugged into my computer*

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

I have tried connecting the cable then turning off then on, I have tried removing the battery, I have tried everything I can think of. I did nothing wrong. I haven't rooted my phone or anything, I just went into the settings and searched for updates. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
B

bcwest

Reaction score
Update.
Now my phone will not even give me the bootloader. I just see a solid green notification light, and i can hold down/press the power button all i want and it will not power on.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Hope this helps, if not head to Verizon for a replacement phone....Moto screwed the update up and dozens of reports of bricked phones have been posted. This was all caused by Moto attempting to further lock down the phone from the modding community, make sure to thank them as you should never have to be put through this as the update to Froyo should have been a great experience for all X owners.
TBH announces Froyo System SBF and RSDLite 4.8

ProPhotoGA

Reaction score
Well, I tried to update a stock phone ... no joy. Phone is stuck on M. When I bring up the bootloader sequence it is showing different info from what I am seeing in other posts.
It says:
----------------------------------
Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect to USB
Data Cable

After plugging cable in it says
Transfer Mode:
USB
-------------------------------
I have tried all the suggestions for battery pulls, wiping and resetting to factory settings. Reboot with SD card out, etc etc...
So.. any other ideas or is my only hope calling and getting a new phone. Sucks that this phone is only 2 days old.