Droid X stuck in Bootloader screen!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

markw

Reaction score
I followed the steps in that video, but my phone failed the flash. It a gave a couple messages, something about failing some enumeration and basically told me the flash failed. After being on the phone with Verizon, I was connected to someone at the Motorala repair center and they asked me to ship to them for repair, which I think I'll do since I'm not the computer whiz "IT" type of person.

Savagerun

Reaction score
After the sbf it's important to do a factory reset in stock recovery as mentioned in that video. Here's how [video=youtube;dbCTL1fc5bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbCTL1fc5bo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video] whatever you do don't take the latest OTA update which is 4.5.621. You can just stay on 4.5.602 or 4.5.605 and root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CrazyCatz

Reaction score
Wow this is the same error I received two days ago trying to install the 621 update on my Droid X. My phone was not rooted and it wiped the bootloader installing the update. So I take it to the local Verizon store and they accuse me of rooting the phone. Um no I did NOT do that. So after a couple of minutes they said the phone was toast and they would ship me a used one. I was NOT happy about that since my phone is in perfect condition. I called Verizon tech support and they said to take my phone to the store I had just visited and let them flash it. I called before making another trip and they informed me no one there knew how to flash my phone, it is now a paper weight. My husband was very upset and found how to flash my phone and did so in a matter of minutes. The phone was back up and running yet immediately I got the prompt to apply the same update. I ignored this all day yesterday and we decided to try it one more time since my phone was now back to factory with no apps I purchased installed. The update got to about 75% like before, the phone boots and bam same black screen with the following:

bootloader
DO.11
Err:A5, 70, 00, 00, 23

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I was NOT happy about this. Verizon Tech Support stated when they searched new tickets under bootloader they found several so they were aware of the issue and would pull the update. Um yeah hasn't been pulled yet... Something is wrong with the 621 update that it wipes the bootloader and I didn't appreciate being accused of rooting my phone as an excuse to not honor my warranty.

TonyCatastrophe

Reaction score
Tried RSD Lite and for some reason it wouldn't load any SBF. I'd open up the SBF by selecting it and it wouldn't even give me any of the file info.. the first time I tried, it recognized my phone.. but apparently the phone didn't have enough juice.

Ever since, RSD Lite won't load anything at all.

markw

Reaction score
I tried the instructions, posted here and it didn't work for me. I was on the phone for hours with a verizon tech and finally somebody from the Motorola repair center in El Paso, and nothing worked. Phone was still bricked. At the Motorola center, they offered to fix it if I sent it in, so thats what I did. I got the phone back, I assume they just flashed it, it works fine now, but I'm still getting the update message for the 621 daily. I keep selecting update later or whatever, but I'm afraid I might hit update one day and the phone will crash again. I've been happy with motorola and Verizon for many years, but now this has really pizzed me off. Do they even care this update is crashing phones all over the country, do they just want to sell newer phones to us, I think I know the answer.

Wazzu2u

Reaction score
RSD Lite does not recognize my bricked Droid X.

I have downloaded the Motorola driver for the Windows 7 PC I am using. The Droid X does not appear in RSD Lite v 4.8 or 4.9.

Any help on how to unbrick will be appreciated. The bootloader screen does appear and the phone recognizes when I have plugged in the USB cable.

Wazzu2u

Reaction score
RSD Lite does not recognize my bricked Droid X.

I used RSD 4.8 and 4.9 and neither recognized my phone when I connected to my Windows 7 PC. The phone did recognize when the cable was connected. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

jwalz

Reaction score
I have downloaded the Motorola driver for the Windows 7 PC I am using. The Droid X does not appear in RSD Lite v 4.8 or 4.9.

Any help on how to unbrick will be appreciated. The bootloader screen does appear and the phone recognizes when I have plugged in the USB cable.

What version are you on ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wazzu2u

Reaction score
What version are you on ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I can 't tell my exact version number with the phone stuck in bootloader mode.

I know its some version of Froyo, probably the last version Verizon released for the Droid X.

The bricking came after I installed shortly after the last "system upgrade".