1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X stuck in Bootloader screen!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Sublime69, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Sublime69

Sublime69 New Member

Ok, so I was on my phone looking at FB when a system update screen popped up... so i downloaded it and now my phone is stuck in this bootloaded screen. I tried to pull the battery and i did a master reset but still goes back to the same screen. Here's what it says:

Bootloader
    Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
    OK to program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

I dont know much about these phones so sorry if im ignorant to terms.. ANY help is appreciated
  2. markw

markw New Member

Mine did the same thing this morning. I've had the update message for a couple days and I finally got tired of it, hit update and mine is locked up with the same message you got. I don't know what do yet. Mine is not rooted or anything.
  3. Sublime69

Sublime69 New Member

I found this...

Im gunna give it a try
  4. markw

markw New Member

let me know how it works.
  5. Sublime69

Sublime69 New Member

Worked like a charm! Use this link https://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home

Make sure you download the 2.3.340 full version, the motorola drivers, and i used the RSD 4.8... and of course just watch that video... takes 10 min.

Good luck
  6. markw

markw New Member

how long did the whole process take?
  7. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It typically only takes 5-10 minutes or so to run the whole SBF process.
  8. macpro88

macpro88 Super Moderator

If you can not use any of the older SBF files, than the new .621 update updated enough of the system to not allow older firmwares to be flashed, you will need to use the new .621 SBF file to unbrick, .621 is also unrootable at the moment, which kinda stinks... but at least you'll have a working phone...
  9. macpro88

macpro88 Super Moderator

1 person likes this.
  10. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Thanks for the information mac. I knew about the .621 being a pain in the neck but I didn't think about it being a problem if the update partially took place in this situation.
  11. macpro88

macpro88 Super Moderator

NP, yeah, its a pain, we think it does an update to /boot/ without changing the bootloader version which apparently is enough of a change to stop older firmwares from being flashed, who knows.
  12. markw

markw New Member

I'm a newbie here and plus I didn't root my phone or anything, why would the .621 update hose up my phone? I called verizon, did the factory reset and tried the reboot with no success. I was forwarded to someone at the motorola repair center and they asked me to send it to them.
  13. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

So you took the new 4.5.621 update and it somehow screwed up your phone? What's the phone doing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  14. markw

markw New Member

phone is locked up on the bootloader screen.

15. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

Ok. I didn't notice your previous posts till now. I thought that was your first post i answered. You have the same issue sublime had so what he did should work for you.

16. markw

markw New Member

I followed the steps in that video, but my phone failed the flash. It a gave a couple messages, something about failing some enumeration and basically told me the flash failed. After being on the phone with Verizon, I was connected to someone at the Motorala repair center and they asked me to ship to them for repair, which I think I'll do since I'm not the computer whiz "IT" type of person.
  17. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

18. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

After the sbf it's important to do a factory reset in stock recovery as mentioned in that video. Here's how whatever you do don't take the latest OTA update which is 4.5.621. You can just stay on 4.5.602 or 4.5.605 and root.

19. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz New Member

Wow this is the same error I received two days ago trying to install the 621 update on my Droid X. My phone was not rooted and it wiped the bootloader installing the update. So I take it to the local Verizon store and they accuse me of rooting the phone. Um no I did NOT do that. So after a couple of minutes they said the phone was toast and they would ship me a used one. I was NOT happy about that since my phone is in perfect condition. I called Verizon tech support and they said to take my phone to the store I had just visited and let them flash it. I called before making another trip and they informed me no one there knew how to flash my phone, it is now a paper weight. My husband was very upset and found how to flash my phone and did so in a matter of minutes. The phone was back up and running yet immediately I got the prompt to apply the same update. I ignored this all day yesterday and we decided to try it one more time since my phone was now back to factory with no apps I purchased installed. The update got to about 75% like before, the phone boots and bam same black screen with the following:

bootloader
    DO.11
    Err:A5, 70, 00, 00, 23

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

I was NOT happy about this. Verizon Tech Support stated when they searched new tickets under bootloader they found several so they were aware of the issue and would pull the update. Um yeah hasn't been pulled yet... Something is wrong with the 621 update that it wipes the bootloader and I didn't appreciate being accused of rooting my phone as an excuse to not honor my warranty.
  20. TonyCatastrophe

TonyCatastrophe New Member

Tried RSD Lite and for some reason it wouldn't load any SBF. I'd open up the SBF by selecting it and it wouldn't even give me any of the file info.. the first time I tried, it recognized my phone.. but apparently the phone didn't have enough juice.

Ever since, RSD Lite won't load anything at all.
Search tags for this page
bootloader 30.04
bootloader 30.04 battery ok ok to program
bootloader 30.04 ok to program
bootloader android screen

droid x bootloader

droid x bootloader 30.04 battery ok ok to program
droid x bootloader screen
droid x says bootloader 30.04
droid x stuck bootloader 30.04 screen

droid x stuck in bootloader

droid x stuck on bootloader