Droid X stuck in Bootloader screen!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Sublime69

Reaction score
Ok, so I was on my phone looking at FB when a system update screen popped up... so i downloaded it and now my phone is stuck in this bootloaded screen. I tried to pull the battery and i did a master reset but still goes back to the same screen. Here's what it says:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I dont know much about these phones so sorry if im ignorant to terms.. ANY help is appreciated

markw

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing this morning. I've had the update message for a couple days and I finally got tired of it, hit update and mine is locked up with the same message you got. I don't know what do yet. Mine is not rooted or anything.

OP
S

Sublime69

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing this morning. I've had the update message for a couple days and I finally got tired of it, hit update and mine is locked up with the same message you got. I don't know what do yet. Mine is not rooted or anything.

I found this... [video=youtube;aE0Jl5rY8_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE0Jl5rY8_U[/video]

Im gunna give it a try

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It typically only takes 5-10 minutes or so to run the whole SBF process.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can not use any of the older SBF files, than the new .621 update updated enough of the system to not allow older firmwares to be flashed, you will need to use the new .621 SBF file to unbrick, .621 is also unrootable at the moment, which kinda stinks... but at least you'll have a working phone...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for the information mac. I knew about the .621 being a pain in the neck but I didn't think about it being a problem if the update partially took place in this situation.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information mac. I knew about the .621 being a pain in the neck but I didn't think about it being a problem if the update partially took place in this situation.

NP, yeah, its a pain, we think it does an update to /boot/ without changing the bootloader version which apparently is enough of a change to stop older firmwares from being flashed, who knows.

markw

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here and plus I didn't root my phone or anything, why would the .621 update hose up my phone? I called verizon, did the factory reset and tried the reboot with no success. I was forwarded to someone at the motorola repair center and they asked me to send it to them.

Savagerun

Reaction score
So you took the new 4.5.621 update and it somehow screwed up your phone? What's the phone doing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Savagerun

Reaction score
Ok. I didn't notice your previous posts till now. I thought that was your first post i answered. You have the same issue sublime had so what he did should work for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums