DX reboots to Bootloader 30.03, no error

acidichand

Reaction score
I got my DX almost 2 weeks ago and a few days later, the phone began to automatically reboot into the Bootloader screen but was never consistent about when it rebooted. However, when I searched anything about it, there was nothing specific on what kind of device error this was. Here's what the error looks like:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
Connect USB

I have attached the USB to an internet enabled computer and the DX did literally nothing. The only software altering program I have installed is Launcher Pro and have not rooted the phone yet. I never downloaded a task killer, only used the antivirus once before deleting, and this was before I did a factory reset. I also noticed a significant decrease in 3g reception. Please help!

B-RAN

Reaction score
This happened to my wife's X today. Any advise from anyone. She is not rooted, running stock. Thanks for any help.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Not sure what to suggest to fix it other than wiping data/cache from the recovery menu... and never installing an anti-virus (read "actual virus") app again.

maderschramm

Reaction score
usually I tell people in the bootloader to perform a .sbf flash but since you've not rooted you could just go to vzw and get a replacement

OP
A

acidichand

Reaction score
B-Ran: I sent the phone back to Verizon and they diagnosed it as a software issue in which it wasn't programmed properly and therefore reacted poorly to Launcher Pro or some other app apparently. Usually they will send you a new one, but talk to Motorola as well if Verizon is being obnoxious.

Ikarnit: I never really understood the point for virus protection on a phone so I definitely won't be getting that again. Thanks for the input!