Tried installing froyo.. didnt work out

fordee11

Reaction score
so i tried rooting, it worked
i tried putting froyo on, didnt work out right...
now my phone wont vibrate at all..
ideas? I'd like to just go back to stock and unroot if i can thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That same page tells you how to remove the root. All you need is a terminal emulator tor run the commands, if you don't have one already.

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
none of that makes sense to me.

i could care less if its rooted or not.. i just want the stock 2.1 back.. i'm concerned with it not vibrating.
will this fix it from not vibrating?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i could care less if its rooted or not.. i just want the stock 2.1 back.. i'm concerned with it not vibrating.

Well, what you do is simply type in the commands line for line in the terminal emulator. When you remove root you will be back at stock provided you didn't hide any files.

zi'm sorry, I don't know of any other way to do it. There is z4Root that you can download and just simply press the unroot button but I'm not sure it will work with the Fascinate. Take a look a t XDA developers .com and make sure it will work with the Fascinate. To be honest, I dontt think it does but I could be wrong.

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score

Well, what you do is simply type in the commands line for line in the terminal emulator. When you remove root you will be back at stock provided you didn't hide any files.

zi'm sorry, I don't know of any other way to do it. There is z4Root that you can download and just simply press the unroot button but I'm not sure it will work with the Fascinate. Take a look a t XDA developers .com and make sure it will work with the Fascinate. To be honest, I dontt think it does but I could be wrong.

I tried that just now.. its saying there is an error at the end of each line

forstir9

Reaction score
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...includes-full-instructions-updated-2-5-a.html

I used the method posted above and it worked flawlessly. Once you have 2.2 you won't ever want to see 2.1. By the way I think the vibrate feature works better with 2.2. It could just be me though. The phone volume is alot better as well. Apps2sd and flash support. Don't give up, the method I posted only takes about 10 minutes. If I can do it than trust me anyone can.

Froyo 2.2 thanks to the devs

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
i'll try it..
its ok to do the one you just posted even if i have half of a different procedure done?

forstir9

Reaction score
That I don't know maybe someone better with rooting can answer that. I just got my first smart phone about a month ago and this was my first time rooting. Now that I have 2.2 and built in root I can invest some time into seeing what a rooted phone can do for me. Good luck.

OP
F

fordee11

Reaction score
Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5) - Android Forums

I used the method posted above and it worked flawlessly. Once you have 2.2 you won't ever want to see 2.1. By the way I think the vibrate feature works better with 2.2. It could just be me though. The phone volume is alot better as well. Apps2sd and flash support. Don't give up, the method I posted only takes about 10 minutes. If I can do it than trust me anyone can.

thanks for the link... it worked flawlessly for me too

forstir9

Reaction score
Great to hear, was it worth the hassle?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats a very good link/thread....I'm gonna post it here to help out people that need an easier way than the usual....good find