Traveling to England with my Bionic

Greymarch

Reaction score
I am visiting the United Kingdom in March. I will be in the UK for two weeks. I will bring my Droid Bionic with me, even though it's a CDMA device and will not work in Britain. As a Droid Bionic owner, how can I get some use out of my Droid Bionic while in the UK, and how can I get an android, touch-screen smartphone while in the UK, that has voice and reliable data?

I know about the Verizon Global traveler program. If I am looking at the correct list of phones Verizon provides though the global traveler program, they look like lousy phones. I would really like an android touch-screen smartphone with voice and data while I am in the UK.

So, given the above info, what should I do?

- Greymarch
I write about technology, including android smartphones at my website
Greymarch's Website for Advanced Internet Research

don_droid

Reaction score
I used my Bionic while I was in England back in November. I found many Wifi spots and used Skype and all the other wifi apps out there. I used my Camera - HDR Camera to take many great photos of old buildings. I used my map and GPS to find my way around, while connected to Wifi find my map of the area and than get a gps lock than while I walk around I was okay. Many coffee shops in England had wifi. I also downloaded some travel guides for around London.