Questions about travelling overseas w/ Bionic

grammerpolice

Reaction score
I'm looking at travelling to Europe this summer and want to take my Bionic with me. I would like to turn off the mobile network and just use WiFi while I am over there.

Is it possible to turn off the mobile network completely while I am overseas? When I go into the network settings I only see options to turn on/off wifi and choosing between cdma/lte+cdma.

I have Skype credits and that's what I am planning on using while over there in conjunction with email + Google Voice. Would the best way to go about this be to put my phone into airplane mode and then just activate the wifi? I know this is a silly question, but I wanted to be totally sure before I rack up a $1,000 phone bill.

Thanks!

barrmy

Reaction score
Last time i was abroad, I called them up and they suspended data while i was travelling... Phone/mms worked (in cdma areas/countries) and wifi was fine

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
On my DROID x when I went to england I did just what you said. I used a data switch from the app market and just turned on wiring no charges for me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

don_droid

Reaction score
Airplane mode works well to give you wifi only - no cell connections. I just did that around Europe.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
grammerpolice

grammerpolice

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, everyone. I think I'll just put it into airplane mode while I'm over there. :)