1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Questions about travelling overseas w/ Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by grammerpolice, Jan 14, 2012.

1. grammerpolice

grammerpolice New Member

I'm looking at travelling to Europe this summer and want to take my Bionic with me. I would like to turn off the mobile network and just use WiFi while I am over there.

Is it possible to turn off the mobile network completely while I am overseas? When I go into the network settings I only see options to turn on/off wifi and choosing between cdma/lte+cdma.

I have Skype credits and that's what I am planning on using while over there in conjunction with email + Google Voice. Would the best way to go about this be to put my phone into airplane mode and then just activate the wifi? I know this is a silly question, but I wanted to be totally sure before I rack up a $1,000 phone bill.

Thanks!
  2. barrmy

barrmy New Member

Last time i was abroad, I called them up and they suspended data while i was travelling... Phone/mms worked (in cdma areas/countries) and wifi was fine
  3. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

On my DROID x when I went to england I did just what you said. I used a data switch from the app market and just turned on wiring no charges for me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. don_droid

don_droid New Member

Airplane mode works well to give you wifi only - no cell connections. I just did that around Europe.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. grammerpolice

grammerpolice New Member

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I think I'll just put it into airplane mode while I'm over there. :)
Search tags for this page
android bionic use in europe

can i use droid bionic in europe

can i use my droid bionic in europe

can i use the droid bionic in europe

droid bionic europe

droid bionic in europe

droid bionic international

droid bionic international use

droid bionic overseas

droid bionic use in europe

how to use my droid bionic in europe