Traveling to England with my Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Greymarch, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Greymarch

Greymarch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am visiting the United Kingdom in March. I will be in the UK for two weeks. I will bring my Droid Bionic with me, even though it's a CDMA device and will not work in Britain. As a Droid Bionic owner, how can I get some use out of my Droid Bionic while in the UK, and how can I get an android, touch-screen smartphone while in the UK, that has voice and reliable data?

I know about the Verizon Global traveler program. If I am looking at the correct list of phones Verizon provides though the global traveler program, they look like lousy phones. I would really like an android touch-screen smartphone with voice and data while I am in the UK.

So, given the above info, what should I do?

- Greymarch
    I write about technology, including android smartphones at my website
    Greymarch's Website for Advanced Internet Research

2. don_droid

don_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used my Bionic while I was in England back in November. I found many Wifi spots and used Skype and all the other wifi apps out there. I used my Camera - HDR Camera to take many great photos of old buildings. I used my map and GPS to find my way around, while connected to Wifi find my map of the area and than get a gps lock than while I walk around I was okay. Many coffee shops in England had wifi. I also downloaded some travel guides for around London.

Search tags for this page
can droid bionic be used internationally
can i use a droid bionic in london?
droid bionic england
droid bionic in england

droid bionic in london

droid bionic in uk

droid bionic uk

droid bionic used internationally
motorola bionic use in united kingdom
motorola bionic use uk