TPU/Diztronic Case Replacement

orion2001

Reaction score
The case material isn't all that grippy, but just having the case on makes the phone much easier to hold. Without the case I felt like the phone would always jump out of my hands, but the slight size and weight added by the case makes it feel much more comfortable in hand.
Thanks for the reassurance :). That is what I was thinking too...I think a large part of the problem is the weird dimensions with a flat and thin phone. The Razr felt even worse and that is why I never even considered it. I was thinking of getting an extended battery for the GN simply to improve the ergonomics of the phone, but I think this case should suffice. It certainly does seem to look like the most polished of all the TPU cases at its price point.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that any of the flat black cases will be a bit slippery. If this is a problem, go with one of the shiny versions, they should have a lot mire grip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

orion2001

Reaction score
Keep in mind that any of the flat black cases will be a bit slippery. If this is a problem, go with one of the shiny versions, they should have a lot mire grip. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
This is what seemed counter-intuitive to me. A matte surface by necessity would have to be rougher than the glossy ones. I figured that the matte one would be grippier, but I guess they use a different composition of TPU in each, resulting in grippier+glossy tpu cases.

OP
T

terigox

Reaction score
Just got my Rev 3 case replacement in today... I forgot how much I love this case! The cutouts for the volume are perfect. I put the screen protector on, which I've never used before.... we'll see how long I end up keeping it.

But great job Diztronic!

orion2001

Reaction score
Just got my Rev 3 case replacement in today... I forgot how much I love this case! The cutouts for the volume are perfect. I put the screen protector on, which I've never used before.... we'll see how long I end up keeping it.

But great job Diztronic!

I just got mine today as well. I love the case but was bummed by a couple of minor defects in the TPU (one on the outer corner of the case, and one on the inner lip that rests against the phone screen. Nothing too bad, but it does detract a bit from the otherwise excellent look of this case.

Also, as mentioned, the matte back is not the grippiest material, but it isn't as big an issue because the glossy sides of the case are grippier, and as a result, I don't have any issues with holding the phone. The added advantage is that the phone slides in and out of my pocket very easily without picking up lots of dust, etc. I compared the matte back of my case v/s the rubbery plastic backing of the HTC rezound, and they felt very similar.

On the whole, I really love this case. I just wish I could get a defect free one (wouldn't mind paying an extra $5). It has to be the best looking case for the price though. I can't believe that something costing 10 bucks could look so nice on my phone. I'm probably going to give Diztronic some more business pretty soon :)

OP
T

terigox

Reaction score
I just got mine today as well. I love the case but was bummed by a couple of minor defects in the TPU (one on the outer corner of the case, and one on the inner lip that rests against the phone screen. Nothing too bad, but it does detract a bit from the otherwise excellent look of this case.

Also, as mentioned, the matte back is not the grippiest material, but it isn't as big an issue because the glossy sides of the case are grippier, and as a result, I don't have any issues with holding the phone. The added advantage is that the phone slides in and out of my pocket very easily without picking up lots of dust, etc. I compared the matte back of my case v/s the rubbery plastic backing of the HTC rezound, and they felt very similar.

On the whole, I really love this case. I just wish I could get a defect free one (wouldn't mind paying an extra $5). It has to be the best looking case for the price though. I can't believe that something costing 10 bucks could look so nice on my phone. I'm probably going to give Diztronic some more business pretty soon :)

Ah yea good points! I definitely noticed a few imperfections. I am pretty sure my old one had a few too. Seems to just be where it is broken away from the mold.... but agreed at how nice the case is would be nice not to have any of them!

I do feel like I liked the original feel of the back better.

orion2001

Reaction score
Ah yea good points! I definitely noticed a few imperfections. I am pretty sure my old one had a few too. Seems to just be where it is broken away from the mold.... but agreed at how nice the case is would be nice not to have any of them!

I do feel like I liked the original feel of the back better.

By original..do you mean all gloss black (stickier)?

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Just got mine over the weekend(matte black, not very black though). Looks like it might well protect the phone ok. The phone goes in and out of the pocket easily, but it still seems kinda slippery and tricky to hold. GN is just a big phone I guess...

might try to stipple the case a bit on the side to give it a bit more texture...

Also it fits perfectly over the extended batt...

Last edited:

Detonation

Reaction score

Try contacting Diztronic customer support. They've been real good with providing replacements for the volume rocker issues, I'm sure they'd probably send you a replacement for the defects as well.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I know you mean with the imperfections in the case. There are some slight cosmetic issues with the case. Looks like when it came old of the mold, they cut to much of the flange off or they messed some pieces. Like I said its very minor and I can't argue with them. Its less than $10. If it was $20 or more I'd expect a perfect case.

All in all, the minor and I mean very minor cosmetic issues do not take away from the case.

After using it for a week, the slick back doesn't seem to be an issue. I have not had any issues of almost dropping it due to it not being grippy.

Also, I have R2 and the volume rocker is covered, and works perfectly. No phantom presses.

Only issue I do have is the audio cut out doesn't fit my cable, but that's more of an issue with the size of the cable I have. Standard headphone jacks are not an issue.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
How thick r the case? I want to protect the phone just in case it fall not to concern about it slipping out of my hand. To me the gnex doesn't slip out of my hand. Just more concern of my kids playing with it and dropping it. But also don't want a thick case.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
How thick r the case? I want to protect the phone just in case it fall not to concern about it slipping out of my hand. To me the gnex doesn't slip out of my hand. Just more concern of my kids playing with it and dropping it. But also don't want a thick case.

Hardly adds any thickness. I compared the GNex in the case with me D1 not in a case and they are identical in thickness.

SonRK

Reaction score
Just got my R3 case. I like it a lot! Better than my Incipio because I prefer thinner / sleek cases (if I use them at all)

The screenprotector sucks though...I try to keep my hands clean but it gets way too dirty.... Perhaps I need to get an oleophobic protector

SonRK

Reaction score
Oh no! It's a tad scratched...

Its at the bottom so no big deal I guess...and the case was mad cheap