TPU/Diztronic Case Replacement

joosemaster

Reaction score
I just got this email back within 10 minutes of asking for a replacement matt black case:

"I'll get your replacement sent out after the 3 day weekend. USPS tracking #: xxxxxxxxxxxxx My apologies for the inconvenience and have a happy new year!"

They have got my business in the future!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Do these fit with the extended battery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mrkelly88

Reaction score
Got my replacement case. It doesn't have the volume rocker cut out, but it is modified to allow more room around the rocker.

(New one is on the left)

joosemaster

Reaction score
Got my replacement case. It doesn't have the volume rocker cut out, but it is modified to allow more room around the rocker.

Do you like it? My trouble was that every time I picked up the phone, I would press the rocker. It sounds like more room in there should do the trick.

mrkelly88

Reaction score
Do you like it? My trouble was that every time I picked up the phone, I would press the rocker. It sounds like more room in there should do the trick.

Yeah, it works now... Seems like the bottom rocker still doesn't press as well as the top, but like I said, it works, and they sent it to me for free, so I really can't complain (they even sent another screen protector with it).

joosemaster

Reaction score
Yeah, it works now... Seems like the bottom rocker still doesn't press as well as the top, but like I said, it works, and they sent it to me for free, so I really can't complain (they even sent another screen protector with it).

That was my next question, the extra screen protector is a nice bonus.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got my replacement today and it's now a perfect fit with the extended battery. Volume rocker now works as intended - no more phantom presses.

Also, the included screen protector is the new version as well - it extends to cover the entire screen, where the first version left a significant gap around the bezel.

Extremely happy now :)

rlb

Reaction score
I hacked up my $6 R1 last night. It was a tougher cut than I expected but it works fine, just looks messy up close. I like the case overall though so I'll probably buy an R3 (R3 has the volume cutout, correct?)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hacked up my $6 R1 last night. It was a tougher cut than I expected but it works fine, just looks messy up close. I like the case overall though so I'll probably buy an R3 (R3 has the volume cutout, correct?)

It's supposed to. R2 is drastically better than V1. R3 will be the ideal solution in my opinion.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Just got the R2 today. Must say its very nice, volume rocker is covered, but does not seem to be an issue with phantom presses. Very thin, but seems to add enough protection to protect if dropped.

My only complaint; it is very smooth. No grip at all on the phone. Its actually harder to grip than with no case at all.

I may see if I can add some type of textured material to a portion of the back. Saw someone put plasti dip on his phone? Not sure exactly what it is, but looks like it added grip to the phone.

ice456789

Reaction score
Got mine today as well. Props to Diztronic. Good luck getting that kind of customer service from China. Highly recommend them and I'll be updating my amazon feedback to show their great customer service. I hope you all do too.

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Just got the R2 today. Must say its very nice, volume rocker is covered, but does not seem to be an issue with phantom presses. Very thin, but seems to add enough protection to protect if dropped.

My only complaint; it is very smooth. No grip at all on the phone. Its actually harder to grip than with no case at all.

I may see if I can add some type of textured material to a portion of the back. Saw someone put plasti dip on his phone? Not sure exactly what it is, but looks like it added grip to the phone.

I'm very happy with the case buy agree about the back. The lip on the front has good grip due to the difference in material, but the back can be a little slick. I understand they want to minimize finger prints.

I'd like to see R3 with the volume part cut out and a little more grip on the back. Again, I'm pretty happy with it though.

orion2001

Reaction score
Just got the R2 today. Must say its very nice, volume rocker is covered, but does not seem to be an issue with phantom presses. Very thin, but seems to add enough protection to protect if dropped. My only complaint; it is very smooth. No grip at all on the phone. Its actually harder to grip than with no case at all. I may see if I can add some type of textured material to a portion of the back. Saw someone put plasti dip on his phone? Not sure exactly what it is, but looks like it added grip to the phone. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
That's a bit disappointing to hear. I'm eagerly waiting for my Rev3 to be delivered, but the entire reason for ordering a TPU case was to get better grip as the naked phone feels really slippery when my hands are a little sweaty/oily.

Detonation

Reaction score
That's a bit disappointing to hear. I'm eagerly waiting for my Rev3 to be delivered, but the entire reason for ordering a TPU case was to get better grip as the naked phone feels really slippery when my hands are a little sweaty/oily.

The case material isn't all that grippy, but just having the case on makes the phone much easier to hold. Without the case I felt like the phone would always jump out of my hands, but the slight size and weight added by the case makes it feel much more comfortable in hand.