Which is the best case for the extended battery?

x25064

Reaction score
Diztronic ftmfw.

Also cruzerlite cases are excellent as well. I have both and am going to order another cruzerlite soon, as they just came out with a new design.

Detonation

Reaction score
Diztronic case with extended battery has been working great for me. Already survived a 3 foot drop with no damage to the phone or case. And for less than $10 you can't beat it.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I like my diztronic because its the 1st revision and I cut out the volume rocker myself perfectly. It was also like $2.50 from a fellow DF member :biggrin:

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have this case with the extended battery (no back cover), works fine but at one corner, there is a small gap where the silicone and hard case are not flush. I also have the VZW case / holster set - this is my favoroite one as it gives me the kickstand but the top and bottom ends are left exposed (if that matters).

The last thing I want to do is leave the back cover off the phone to fit it in a case...sounds dangerous.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Diztronic case with extended battery has been working great for me. Already survived a 3 foot drop with no damage to the phone or case. And for less than $10 you can't beat it.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

For the price Diztronic is great.

However for pure quality the VZ Silicon case is better but more expensive.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I always leave the back off when I use a case that covers the back. Makes it much easier to change the battery not to mention lightens up the phone and also let's the battery heat disapate when it starts to heat up a little.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always leave the back off when I use a case that covers the back. Makes it much easier to change the battery not to mention lightens up the phone and also let's the battery heat disapate when it starts to heat up a little.

Yeah but with no sealed back you let moisture in.

Would it fit WITH the back on it?

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I guess the moisture issue is the downside to it.. Right now I have the Verizon hard case with the kickstand and extended battery. It won't fit with the back on so I left it off. Before this phone I had the galaxy s and was hard to change the battery because of the back.. I had the soft silicone Verizon case and I could easily change batteries and use my 3800 extended battery and still have case protection. A friend of mine bought the nexus with extended battery and the hard kickstand case and they broke the screen trying to make it fit before he paid for it. So he left without extended battery. I showed him it would work without the back and he isn't sure he would feel safe without the back. I might take the extended back and see if I can remove enough material from it to make it work. The salesman said on launch day it would work but now say it won't.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just played around with the Diztronic again. Every day I've had it, it lines up differently where the cutouts are. It could be because I'm using the extended case. It does LOOK good except for the cutouts that are off. I don't like the Matte because it is slippery and unpleasant to touch.

When I throw the VZ case on it fits like it's meant for the extended and lines up perfectly every time. Even though it's black I think it is a little bulkier looking than the Diz. But the bulk will help if I drop it.

Reaction score
Do you have a link?

How pricey?

just search it on amazon or ebay. much cheaper than seidio's website.

the convert now fits the extended battery. ebay is your cheapest option. that's where i got mine, and my buddy got a convert for his extended GN a few days ago for $38/free shipping.

they were sold out last i checked, but might have more now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
$29.95 for the Surface Extended Battery Seidio.

Doesn't expose the charging buttons. Also looks heavy.

the surface offers little to no protection if you drop it. go with the convert or active. i got the active for $27 w free shipping on ebay.

Reaction score
Does the Active fit the extended and how bulky is it?

check on seidio's website every now and then. they just released converts for the extended GN a couple days ago, but i don't think they have actives compatible with extendeds yet. should be soon though.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've looked at the cases and they add a substantial amount of bulk. Looks like for now I'm sticking with the VZ Silicon - very light, very little bulk, and protects very well.

I bet within a few months there will be way more choices.