Touchscreen not working at all (solved)

mikedomo

Reaction score
Yesterday was nagivating, when I touch the screen to activate an app, the touchscreen freeze, well I resetted the cellphone a lot of time but still stuck, and also reset to factory settings and wipe data, not working, finally hours later of search I found the issue the digitizer, is the responsible for touch reactions of the screen, located in the superior left corner, the only thing you do is press for 5 seconds in that area and the sreen working right again, I hope so this thread helps a many persons with this trouble.

Dolly

Reaction score
My husband's phone is having that problem now. I've tried all the fixes and can't find a way to get the touchscreen to unlock. We don't have insurance and don't want to lose our unlimited data with a new phone. Had anyone found any other fixes?

Dolly

Reaction score
How do I do a FDR when I can't even unlock the screen? I've turned it off and on, and taken the battery out. Screen is just locked.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
How do I do a FDR when I can't even unlock the screen? I've turned it off and on, and taken the battery out. Screen is just locked.

You can do it from the Boot Mode Selection Menu.

Power off the phone (remove and replace battery).

Then press and hold BOTH volume buttons, and then while holding them, press and hold the power button. The phone will boot into a White on Black menu. Use the DOWN VOLUME control to move the highlighted line to "Recovery", then use the UP VOLUME to select. The phone will appear to reboot and you will see the Red M logo for a moment. Then the screen will go black. Wait a few seconds, then press and release BOTH VOLUME buttons.

You should now see a Blue on Black menu with a Green Android on its back and the access panel on his belly is open with a Red triangle and a Black Exclamation Point on it. Now use the DOWN VOLUME to move the highlighted line down to the third selection, "wipe data/factory reset", and this time instead of using the UP VOLUME to select, you use the POWER BUTTON. It will change the menu to a list of "No"s and one "Yes -- delete all user data". Use the DOWN VOLUME button to move the highlighted line down to the "Yes" line and press the POWER BUTTON.

Dolly

Reaction score
Phone will not power off. Green message light continues to blink even when seen goes off.

Dolly

Reaction score
Phones will not go into recovery. Not able to move pointer, nothing. Phone will not turn off. Thanks. I'll keep trying.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Phone will not power off. Green message light continues to blink even when seen goes off.

Even after you remove the battery? Take out the battery and leave it out for at least 10 seconds (to allow all capacitors on the motherboard to fully discharge), then replace and do the steps above.

Dolly

Reaction score
Back to Droid screen. Touchscreen still no working. Will call CS tomorrow. Thanks for all the help.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you can try to post back the results you find out would greatly help others with same problem...thanks :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
if you can try to post back the results you find out would greatly help others with same problem...thanks :biggrin:

Great advice overlayer! To the OP, I am very sorry the reset didn't resolve your issues. This points to a hardware failure, but it is possible that the internal copy of your ROM was corrupted. There is always the option to RSD Lite another copy of the ROM and see if it still responds the same way, but CS will likely replace it if under warranty.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Dolly

Reaction score
Reset did not work. Husband has ordered parts. Will let you know. Thanks all.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Had to send it out for repair and part.

We're sorry to hear of the results, but hopefully the repair will be the end of this problem for you forever! Good luck! :biggrin: