Touch Screen Problem

Vipada

Reaction score
(Sorry posted this in the wrong forum previously.) I have a Moto Droid running BB4. I have experienced many of the charger related issues using the standard Verizon micro plugin, the desk dock, and the car dock. It would begin with icons vibrating when touched and the screen doing little shimmies between my home screens. I have done reboots, battery pulls (off and recently using the on method) and the problem would often clear up for several days.

Two weeks ago, my home button stopped working and on screen typing became impossible in a 1/4' wide line that extends from the L in the Motorola logo to the Home button. To verify, I used a sketch program to draw over the entire screen. It left a blank area in the aforementioned area. I rebooted, did a clean reinstall of BB (without reinstalling any apps) only to have the exact same issue. Frustrated and assuming that it was almost certainly a hardware issue, I removed the battery and left it out over night. The phone worked fine the following day (well, it did, but is not now). A short trip out of town this weekend and it started happening again after being in the car dock for less than 30 minutes. (It had been in the car dock, home dock, etc. previously without issue that week so the car dock may have nothing to do with it.)

On screen typing is an exciting endeavor that requires the phone be changed to various orientations to be able to touch the necessary buttons. Recently, it has began to register the any key presses in the dead zone as random buttons to the left or right of the press (before nothing at all happened).

Is it time to take it to Verizon? Any suggestions or tests that might be helpful? Anyone having similar issues? Also, I am assuming that I need to restore the phone to stock android before taking it in even if it is a hardware issue but it would be nice if I didn't have to. :)

Thanks for your assistance and time!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like it needs to go back for sure. You're gonna want to go back to stock 1st.

Link 2 in my sig. Option 1 then Option 5, after that you can accept the 2.2 OTA. you will be unrooted and stock.

lnkprk8

Reaction score
I have a non-rooted droid and the exact same "dead" zone happened to my phone just recently.. I was just wondering if you ever resolved the problem or did you take it back?