Touch Screen barely usable when USB attached?

gszeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my droid for about 4 days now and I love it...except when I plug the USB cable in...

The touch screen becomes pretty much useless when the USB is attached. You can see it trying to register, but it usually ends up hitting an icon 2 rows over...and if you try to scroll it either jumps around way too fast or opens an app not even close to where you are touching. The Back, Menu, Home and Search icons are the same way as well.

When I unplug the USB it works perfectly...I even removed my screen protector thinking maybe that had something to do with it...nope.

I'm assuming I need to take it back to Verizon...but I was hoping not to have to do that since I got it all organized how I want it :p

Thanks,
Glenn

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's the usb cable. There is a known issue with some usb cables. Try a different/better one. They won't all work. Just swap around to different ones until you find one that works. It's not the droid.

Well, in most cases it's not the droid. It's almost always the cable (even some from Verizon and Motorola don't work well).

Game4set

Reaction score
Well this also happens with my phone when I plug it into my laptop. The way to make my screen usable again is by removing the AC adapter from my computer for some reason. I think it has to do with some electric currents or something.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Happens to me with certain plugs.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL
Not laughing at you, but rather I posted up pages of just this and you put it in texct so much better than I did.

Mine corrected itself when I got home from the vacation I was on when it started acting up.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
are you using the usb cable that came with your Droid?

there have been many stories of rogue droids with faulty cables plugged in.

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...ive been looking for a better cable, but in the meantime i found out that if i use a different port it sometimes works better...

Thanks,
Glenn

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

trumpet444

Reaction score
same problem here. mine happens to be useless when plugged up via usb to a pc, but not a mac. also when plugged up in my car using an ac/dc converter. (i don't yet have an official car charger)

OP
gszeman

gszeman

Reaction score
are you using the usb cable that came with your Droid?

there have been many stories of rogue droids with faulty cables plugged in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah, its the cable. that came with it

hellrose1228

Reaction score
Like Game4set said, if youre using a laptop, try unplugging the power and just run on battery (if possible). no matter what cable i used it always makes my droid go nutz unless i unplug my computer