Total Noob, want gingerbread on Droid 2

freeraprb

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am a total newbie at all this and would appreciate some help. I have a droid 2 and am currently running android v. 2.2... I want to get gingerbread on it. I read that I needed android v 2.3.2 from an update but it says I am updated. Don't know if I have to download it or what. Can anybody walk me through what I need to do? Thanks

John Gi

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am a total newbie at all this and would appreciate some help. I have a droid 2 and am currently running android v. 2.2... I want to get gingerbread on it. I read that I needed android v 2.3.2 from an update but it says I am updated. Don't know if I have to download it or what. Can anybody walk me through what I need to do? Thanks

well you first must root your phone, since it hasnt been officially announced .. is it?

then flash the GB rom from droid life website

nd BAM! gingerbread....

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/03/29/how-to-root-gingerbread-on-droid-2/

thats how you get ginger bread, after rooting of course

louy99

Reaction score
If you need help, pm me

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

george396

Reaction score
the link in john gi's post is what i did. i am a total noob at this and i did it with these steps even AFTER messing it up trying to do it another way first. some of the ankranyms (sp?) make it a little mind boggeling, but it worked great for me.

Raznarukus

Reaction score
There are great tutorials on youtube for gingerbread and rooting..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

matt2783

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're just looking to get the official gingerbread update, no rooting or flashing, right? I'm also assuming that you read somewhere that the update is available, but it's not for the regular Droid 2. It's for the Droid 2 Global. So if you want GB without rooting and flashing a leaked, unreleased version then you're going to have to wait. I'm not sure when the droid 2 is supposed to get it.