Top bar disappears after update?

mewshi

Reaction score
My mom's D2 has the newest update (So does mine, but it appears unaffected), and, any time she gets any pop-up notifications (SMS, generally), the top bar disappears. What is going on how how can I fix it?

veridroid

Reaction score
missing notifications bar

My mom's D2 has the newest update (So does mine, but it appears unaffected), and, any time she gets any pop-up notifications (SMS, generally), the top bar disappears. What is going on how how can I fix it?

I'm having the same issue. got a systems update notification for (4.5.621.A955.verizon.en.us), then phone rebooted. Notification bar appeared for maybe 5 minutes now its gone. When I reboot phone it appears again then disappears. Can someone chime in and tell us if you ae experiencing this as well? thx

jrbudda

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It actually started BEFORE I applied the update, hit the 'later' button on the update notification, and soon after the status bar disappeared. Applied update, same problem.
Phone boots up, notification bar is there. If i try to swipe it down, sometimes it works, sometimes it freezes up the touchscreen for a few seconds. Then after a few minutes, it disappears entirely. If the phone rings have to click on the dialer icon to get the "Answer" screen to show up.

If I look in the Running Apps the Status Bar and several other apps are in the "restarting" mode.

Based on another thread I read this may have something to do with the Universal Inbox. I was playing around with the accounts in my universal inbox and bang my status bar came back without a reboot. Victory was short lived, however, bout 10 minutes later it disappeared again and I can't make it come back without turning the phone off now.

OP
M

mewshi

Reaction score
Found a (rather lackluster) solution

Factory Reset seems to fix this issue.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess it's not common knowledge still but it's always recommended that you do a Factory Data Reset after any OTA updates.