Top bar disappears after update?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by mewshi, Apr 18, 2012.

1. mewshi

mewshi New Member

My mom's D2 has the newest update (So does mine, but it appears unaffected), and, any time she gets any pop-up notifications (SMS, generally), the top bar disappears. What is going on how how can I fix it?
  2. veridroid

veridroid New Member

missing notifications bar

I'm having the same issue. got a systems update notification for (4.5.621.A955.verizon.en.us), then phone rebooted. Notification bar appeared for maybe 5 minutes now its gone. When I reboot phone it appears again then disappears. Can someone chime in and tell us if you ae experiencing this as well? thx
  3. jrbudda

jrbudda New Member

I have the same problem. It actually started BEFORE I applied the update, hit the 'later' button on the update notification, and soon after the status bar disappeared. Applied update, same problem.
    Phone boots up, notification bar is there. If i try to swipe it down, sometimes it works, sometimes it freezes up the touchscreen for a few seconds. Then after a few minutes, it disappears entirely. If the phone rings have to click on the dialer icon to get the "Answer" screen to show up.

If I look in the Running Apps the Status Bar and several other apps are in the "restarting" mode.

Based on another thread I read this may have something to do with the Universal Inbox. I was playing around with the accounts in my universal inbox and bang my status bar came back without a reboot. Victory was short lived, however, bout 10 minutes later it disappeared again and I can't make it come back without turning the phone off now.
  4. mewshi

mewshi New Member

Found a (rather lackluster) solution

Factory Reset seems to fix this issue.
  5. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

Guess it's not common knowledge still but it's always recommended that you do a Factory Data Reset after any OTA updates.
Search tags for this page
android lost top bar
android phone top bar is gone

android status bar missing

android top bar disappeared
android upper bar missing
bar at the top of android phone dissapeared
droid 3 status bar disappear
droid x tool bar missing
htc one x top bar disappearing
missing top bar on android phone
missing top bar qndroid