sms notification disappearing

amb389

Reaction score
Hey all...I am new to the forums and this is also my first smartphone (yay!). I love the phone but have a question about sms notifications. I have all of my settings so that a notification will scroll in the bar when I receive emails or texts and it has been working fine until today. I have no issues with the email notifications, however the sms one disappears almost immediately. It does not even give me a chance to pull down the bar and see the notification. In addition, my 'messages' icon shows no new ones even when there is an unread message. I like the stock texting and was not a huge fan of handset or comp, so any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance!

OP
A

amb389

Reaction score
Hey all...I am new to the forums and this is also my first smartphone (yay!). I love the phone but have a question about sms notifications. I have all of my settings so that a notification will scroll in the bar when I receive emails or texts and it has been working fine until today. I have no issues with the email notifications, however the sms one disappears almost immediately. It does not even give me a chance to pull down the bar and see the notification. In addition, my 'messages' icon shows no new ones even when there is an unread message. I like the stock texting and was not a huge fan of handset or comp, so any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I've run into this as well. It seemed to me that if I looked in any messaging thread it marked all messages in all threads as read, even if I had yet to look at it. It disappears in the notification panel only sometimes for me though. I had asked Verizon about it once before and the guy told me that HTC knows about some notification issue and will probably fix it in an update. Who knows if that's true though.