[TOOL] Easy Root Komplete

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here. I've read through this whole thread and couldn't find an answer to the issue I've been having, so made an account to ask this...

When I run the .bat file, my computer shuts off and when it reboots, I get a message saying the "USB Driver caused a stop error, or blue screen error."
This is what I did:
-Downloaded and installed the driver
-Downloaded and extracted the zip to the desktop
-Enabled USB debugging
-Booted into AP Fastboot
-Connected USB
-Launched the .bat
-Selected option 1 in the prompt, hit enter

The prompt displayed one line, something like "launching sbil (100kb)" then the computer shut off...
Can you help me out plz?

Also, now every time I reboot my phone it automatically goes into AP Fastboot mode and the reason it says it went there is "flash failure"... that doesn't sound good :/
You have two distinctly different issues 1) Your phone is booting into fastboot when powered on...not good and 2) Your computer crashes when trying to run the utility. First, I recommend you go here Restore 4.1.2 Firmware / Unbrick Verizon DROID RAZR HD - DroidRzr.com. This thread will give you two downloads, Fastboot files for 4.1.2 and a download for RSD Lite. You need RSD Lite to flash the fastboot files to your phone. If you've never used RSD LIte there are plenty of video's on YouTube that shows you how to do it...it's pretty straight forward, not complicated. My opinion...this is the only way to get your phone back into working order. I'm not sure what happen, but when you tried to use RazrUtility 1.10 to go back to 4.0.4 your fastboot files got corrupted or erased. Unless something has changed and from all that I have read you cannot go from 4.1.2 back to 4.1.1 or 4.0.4. If some have tried it and been successful then they are by far the exception. You will not have root once you RSD Lite the 4.1.2 fastboot files, but you will have a fully functioning phone. There is no know way to root 4.1.2 at this time. There are users who have root on 4.1.2 but they had root on 4.1.1 and protected root with Voodoo Rootkeeper prior to upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. Hope this helps. Second, what operating system are you running on your PC?

Last edited:
Reaction score
My phone's not bricked, I'm able to go from fastboot to that other menu by holding power + vol down, then power + vol up. Then selecting reboot normally from there gets me powered on. Thanks for the link though.
I'm running Windows XP SP3

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My phone's not bricked, I'm able to go from fastboot to that other menu by holding power + vol down, then power + vol up. Then selecting reboot normally from there gets me powered on. Thanks for the link though.
I'm running Windows XP SP3
Ok, I thought you were bricked. Since you can get into recovery have you cleared cache, delvik cache and data, that might fix the boot problem. If you power your phone on and it automatically goes into fastboot, that's not normal...something is wrong and you will most likely have to restore your phone back to stock 4.1.2 to get it fixed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok well if I can't root it, then I'm thinking of trading in my phone for an identical one, but on 4.1.1. Then I can root that one, right?

The first thing I did when I got this thing is update it. :facepalm:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok well if I can't root it, then I'm thinking of trading in my phone for an identical one, but on 4.1.1. Then I can root that one, right?

The first thing I did when I got this thing is update it. :facepalm:

You can root 4.1.1 but you'll have to use Razr Utility 1.10 to go back to 4.0.4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

gunrugger

Reaction score
mattlgroff's original post containing this utility says "IF YOU ARE ON 9.16.6, THE LATEST OTA, DO NOT USE THE DROID RAZR HD UTILITY 1.10 OR BELOW" and I am running
System version - 9.16.6.XT926
Android version - 4.1.2
Model Number - DROID RAZR HD
Should I proceed with this tool?

EDIT - I just read the last two pages because it looked pertainent to my question and I will not be trying to root my phone any time soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ That's exactly what I have and it didn't work for me. We'll have to wait for a utility to come out for us. Until then, my friend! :brofist:

Reaction score
OP updated! Got me rooted in like 4 seconds without having to even mess with AP Fastboot!
DAN IS DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

ripper2860

Reaction score
Outstanding!! I had to run through the process 3 times, but it finally took. Seems there was an issue with the SU binary getting corrupted and not fully rooting, but the 3rd time was the charm!!

Zippster

Reaction score
My Razr HD is on 4.1.1 and I just got the notification to download the update this morning but dismissed it, what is the easiest way to keep my phone locked on 4.1.1 ?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
My Razr HD is on 4.1.1 and I just got the notification to download the update this morning but dismissed it, what is the easiest way to keep my phone locked on 4.1.1 ?

Here is my recommendation if you want to keep 4.1.1 and never update, go into Titanium Backup or if you do not have that app> go into Settings> Apps> ALL> find the two apps 1) Motorola Services and 2) Updater, disable both of these apps, or if in Titanium Backup "Freeze" both of these apps. You will never be bothered again to update. If in the future you want to update just re-enable or unfreeze these apps, go into Settings> About phone> select to download the update and you can then install it.

9nickels

Reaction score
Not working on my Bionic

Hi I lost my root in the update to Jellybean even with ota rootkeeper installed.

Trying this solution when pushing thew exploit results in the following failure;
"pkg: /data/local/tmp/SuperUser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILed_ALREADY_EXISTS]"

Any help is appreciated