[TOOL] Easy Root Komplete

Rawk3rSix

Reaction score
This is 4.1.1 though. I thought official JB was 4.1.2. Is there any difference?
Thank you for all the hard work anyways =)

Rawk3rSix

Reaction score
^ That's exactly what I have and it didn't work for me. We'll have to wait for a utility to come out for us. Until then, my friend! :brofist:

Yeah. I have spent hours just trying to get to jelly bean 'cause my update kept failing. At this point, I'm happy to finally be a bean =) I'll wait for an exploit (if there will be one). Maybe when I get my new phone in October XD. I just really don't like ads haha

Rawk3rSix

Reaction score
Guys, I just rooted my 4.1.2

Go to YouTube right now, and paste this: How to Root the Droid Bionic on Jelly Bean 4.1.2

It freaking works. It takes a while. A LONG time especially if you read everything you need to know from start to finish. I'm telling you, do your research all around this (how to properly install, how to boot from CD, etc.), and you will successfully root your phone.

This guy is Tomsgt123 on YouTube, host of Root Junky

I've seen a few of his videos before, but this one was posted less than 24 hours ago. Please drop a like and a favorite if you try it and it works (or even if it doesn't work)

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, so please try out the Easy Root Komplete method first, just to see if it works =)

evolume

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded to a Droid Razr Maxx HD on 4.1.2 and was wondering if someone could summarize how to root it (if it's even possible). The OP has so many steps, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I'm not particularly noob to rooting, my previous phone was the Droid X which I had rooted and on Liberty. But I loved that phone/rom so much it's been over a year since I've had to do any of this stuff. I'm a bit rusty :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Just to be totally clear, I am on System version 9.16.6.XT926.Verizon.en.US
Android version 4.1.2

UPDATE:

NEVERMIND! It was just too easy I didn't believe it could be true. I just ran motochopper. Pow! Bang! Zoop! and I'm rooted. This video was a big help. [video=youtube_share;Qi-FxQRazT8]http://youtu.be/Qi-FxQRazT8[/video]

Last edited:

ksimp88

Reaction score
Hey, newbie here. sup.

Anyways, I have the bionic. I'm running 4.1.2. Windows 8. I think the only steps I need are these, correct?

On to the Motochopper exploit
1) Extract to your desktop the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the downloaded zip file
2) Make sure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed on your computer
3) Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled go to Settings> Development> check USB Debugging> make sure device is connected to your computer
4) Open the EXTRACTED file “Motochopper” and find the “run.bat” or “run” Windows Batch File, do a right click> select “Run as Administrator” and follow all the prompts.
5) Success!!!

Well, I followed them, and I get "Daemon started successfully" and it just... sits there. Like watching paint dry. Thoughts? Here's some randomness that MIGHT be helpful:

1. I'm using a USB 2.0 front port with a 3.0 header. I'll have to take her apart to see if there is a 2.0 header. CM690.
2. I have rooted in the past, and Unrooted successfully to get OTA, in hopes that it didn't suck anymore. Guess why I'm here?
3. Port 5037?
4. Tried rebooting phone.

ksimp88

Reaction score
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]

K, cool. I'll delete it. But.... There's NOTHING in /data/! Not the SD card. Well, there's a flixter folder, but that's irrelevant. WTheck?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Hey, newbie here. sup.

Anyways, I have the bionic. I'm running 4.1.2. Windows 8. I think the only steps I need are these, correct?

On to the Motochopper exploit
1) Extract to your desktop the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the downloaded zip file
2) Make sure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed on your computer
3) Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled go to Settings> Development> check USB Debugging> make sure device is connected to your computer
4) Open the EXTRACTED file “Motochopper” and find the “run.bat” or “run” Windows Batch File, do a right click> select “Run as Administrator” and follow all the prompts.
5) Success!!!

Well, I followed them, and I get "Daemon started successfully" and it just... sits there. Like watching paint dry. Thoughts? Here's some randomness that MIGHT be helpful:

1. I'm using a USB 2.0 front port with a 3.0 header. I'll have to take her apart to see if there is a 2.0 header. CM690.
2. I have rooted in the past, and Unrooted successfully to get OTA, in hopes that it didn't suck anymore. Guess why I'm here?
3. Port 5037?
4. Tried rebooting phone.

This Motochopper is NOT GOING TO WORK FOR YOU. You mentioned that you have a Bionic, the Motochopper does not work on that device.

I do not own a Bionic, therefore I cannot test this method to see how it works, but here if you want to gain root on your Bionic you need to refer to this thread, again a big thanks to Dan Rosenberg as he chops away on Motorola.

ksimp88

Reaction score
For future Googlers with the BIONIC:

Solved the problem.

OK, I'll tell ya how. :p I had to flash the system.img and followed the Easy Root for Bionic running stock Jelly Bean. Google "Easy Root for Bionic running stock Jelly Bean" with the quotes.

lolie145

Reaction score
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Pushing exploit...
4476 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.280s)
[*] Pushing root tools...
5119 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.070s)
4448 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.410s)
4560 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.338s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes.
[-] Failure.
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.

why does it say [-] Failure
????
also, superuser is installed but root is not working (outdated SU)

help me?

Droid RAZR XT910

ksimp88

Reaction score
You want to flash the system.img for your phone. I'm not sure where to get the files you need, though. Hopefully that helps.

jlowderman

Reaction score
I'm trying to root my RAZR M 4.1.2 with the MotoChopper tool, and I always get the same error message: more than one device or emulator detected. Is this because I've installed bluestacks? I'm a noob, please talk to me like I'm a mildly retarded ten year old. Thanks.

jlowderman

Reaction score
It was the bluestacks

Now I'm installing my first app requiring root, Titanium Backup, and I want the pro version. It is advertised at 5.99 which is great because I have exactly six bucks in my checking account. So I clicked the icon that says "Pro $5.99", and I am immediately transferred to an appstore page, but the little green box says $6.58. What aholes. I don't see anywhere where I can contact them about this false advertising either, but I'll keep looking.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Now I'm installing my first app requiring root, Titanium Backup, and I want the pro version. It is advertised at 5.99 which is great because I have exactly six bucks in my checking account. So I clicked the icon that says "Pro $5.99", and I am immediately transferred to an appstore page, but the little green box says $6.58. What aholes. I don't see anywhere where I can contact them about this false advertising either, but I'll keep looking.

I'm trying to root my RAZR M 4.1.2 with the MotoChopper tool, and I always get the same error message: more than one device or emulator detected. Is this because I've installed bluestacks? I'm a noob, please talk to me like I'm a mildly retarded ten year old. Thanks.

I can't really help with the first part of this, who knows maybe the devs at Titanium Backup have started taxing customers, aholes none the less- I agree!

But with the second thought of this and with the MotoChopper tool, just to make sure do you happen to have the latest Motorola Drivers?- if not the link is here.... Also, if you happen to have any other devices that are plugged in via USB I would remove them. If this is what BlueStacks is, it really shouldn't be a problem. I would start by looking at what type of USB cable you are using, if you have alternative try it. Also, just to mention, when you open the zip of MotoChopper, make sure to Extract All Files to the DESKTOP and run the CORRECT File that I mention in the OP. If still having issues PM me, I respond faster that way. :biggrin: