Too Old For This?

estoad2

Reaction score
Sometimes I really wonder why I trade in the phone every 2 years or so. Just when you think you know all the quirks on the Blackberry Storm, we do the Droid 3. Now I get to try and figure out how to get the back off to stick in the SD Card, can I download ring tones, and use my own photo's for wall paper. The questions are endless, will probably get it figured out in about 2 years. Just about in time for the Droid 007! Wonder how I get the back off that? and will my Storm charger work with it? Glad to see a Droid forum, lets hope this old guy can make heads or tails of it!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your never to old to learn a new gadget. Besides you came to the right place for help.

To answer some of your Questions:

1. To take the back off the Droid 3 there is a small slot on the bottom of the phone, stick your fingernail in it and pull up the back should just pop off.

2. Yes you can use your own pictures as a background, tap and hold any free/open space on the screen and the wait for the options to pop up, select Wallpapers, then Media gallery. From there find and select the pic you want as your wallpaper. ***Please not that your picture will be stretched across all the home screens.

3. You can download and create your own ring tones with several different apps that are available in the market. ***Also most soundboard apps will let you set a sound as a ringtone but you must keep the app installed to keep the selected ring tone working.

Glad you joined us and welcome to Droid Forums. :D

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, glad u joined us. Ur never too old to jump into the future lol. U will adjust in no time. Just read the many helpful information we have for u, within the forum. The community is here to assist

OP
E

estoad2

Reaction score
I certainly appreciate the welcome, and the quick reply to the newbie questions. Visions of disaster with as much force as it took to get that back off, but all is well. Thank you again.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No Problem, glad we could help. If you have any other questions just post them up. :)