pongdoctor

Reaction score
Hi, Paul here. I'm getting a Droid 2 Global in a couple of days, and am interested in any tips & tricks. I had a Blackberry Storm before, 2 1/2 years old (are phone ages like dog years?), and want a Droid to take advantage of the Google apps. I got the Droid 2 Global, as I travel overseas, and Verizon doesn't have a great selection of smartphones that work overseas. :motdroidvert:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. go to our Droid 2 Global section, click on Stickies. D2G can be rooted, meaning gives u super user access like an admin for ur phone. depending what u wanna do, u can flash ROMS, get rid of bloat ware, etc.

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the community. Looks like the princess has already said about everything. Rooting is very useful if you would like to deeply modify your phone. Dive on in and enjoy the stay

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
please add anything and everything I missed 252. happy prez day!

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well ebay and amazon have a few sim cards for overseas if your looking to buy those for overseas. I will never look back to my Storm I. Just make sure you ask questions if you have any on your new adventure with the android system