Too many similar forum sites

Natey2

Reaction score
With all these similar named forums , one can forget which one a post was made to...

droidxforum.com
droidxforums.com
droidforums.net
droid-forum.com
and more...

Any hope of a consolidated account/reader?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With all these similar named forums , one can forget which one a post was made to...

droidxforum.com
droidxforums.com
droidforums.net
droid-forum.com
and more...

Well, you notice we are the only ones that end in .net. If you wish to follow a thread you posted on or a thread you created you can always subscribe to that thread and have an email sent when someone responds.

Hope that helps. We would like to think that our Forum is different from other Forums. We think that we have great members, we have a rescue squad to help people if they have issues. We are also a family friendly forum, so we don't have the language and the bickering as much as other Forums do. I'm not saying you'll never see that, but we certainly try to take care of it as soon as it starts.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

droidxforum.com
droidxforums.com
droidforums.net
droid-forum.com
and more...

That's why I only visit one now. Everything in Android news or development either starts here or gets here very quickly.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
Thanks hookbill.
This is a great forum site, and the following is not directed at this site but at the status quo...

A long time ago, we had Bulletin Board Systems (BBS).
They were all independent, with their own user base, like these forum sites are today.
Then, there was an ability to network them (i.e. messages posted on 1 BBS could "propagate" to other linked BBSes, e.g FidoNet, etc.)
so that multiple user bases could inter-communicate without having to login/register elsewhere.
Then came the Interntet and Newsgroups, and people left the BBSes for Internet Newsgroups, and the BBSes died.

Now we have forum sites, that basically behave like web-enabled BBSes.
Did we just go back to where we started from?

F

Frik own a Stik

I've been visiting these forums for a while, and recently made an account. My favorite forums by far and the best one out of all IMHO.