1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Too many stickies

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by newyorkgreg, Jun 1, 2010.

1. newyorkgreg

newyorkgreg New Member

Can we remove some stickies in the Droid General Discussions forum? I am on a netbook, and even when searching on my Incredible, it is annoying to even view the forums on this site. Too much scrolling is involved.

Yes, I have tried the mobile version, but why should I have to resort to that? It is watered down. I think it would be much better to simply remove the old stickies, or consolidate.
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Most of the stickies up there are valid, I think only 3-4 would be removed...and you know that once those stickies are removed, it only removes like a second from your scrolling time right
  3. newyorkgreg

newyorkgreg New Member

New users want to see content. They don't want to see 6-7 stickies of nonsense. It's all about presentation.
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

The only two stickies I see up there that MAY be classified as nonsense is the Tennessee thread and Alldroid one...which ones are you talking about?
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'll look it over but we add and delete stickies as we feel necessary. Not because it doesn't fit your device.
  6. newyorkgreg

newyorkgreg New Member

Thank you. I am just saying, because even on my 17" screen, the content begins 3/4 down the screen. The way the website's template flows with the forum makes it that way. It is not appealing to the user.

For example, I'd rather read androidforums.com than this website, because it is less of an annoyance to navigate.