today purchased: How to put photo against name in phone book

v188

Reaction score
I've tried searching the forum for the answer, but maybe I used the wrong verbage. Anyway, how can I put someone picture in my contacts, so when I call them, or receive their call, their photo will show. I realize I'll probably have to actually take their picture from my Droid camera and somehow attach it.

Anyway, I've been playing with it, lots to learn, but i like the new Droid.

zegolf

Reaction score
I've tried searching the forum for the answer, but maybe I used the wrong verbage. Anyway, how can I put someone picture in my contacts, so when I call them, or receive their call, their photo will show. I realize I'll probably have to actually take their picture from my Droid camera and somehow attach it.

Anyway, I've been playing with it, lots to learn, but i like the new Droid.

Just get the picture on your phone (either transferred to the SD card, taken with the camera, or whatever) and then view it in the "Gallery". From there, you can click on "Set As", then "Contact Icon". Then you can pick your contact.

That should do it.

etbllc

Reaction score
Edit the contact and tap the existing icon, it will pop up and give you a choice to change it to any pic in the Gallery.

Yes, it is that easy :)
Hey,

I have a MacBook Pro and the Droid doesn't show up on the desktop.

Do I have to format? I'm trying to drag my photos in from iPhoto.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Edit the contact and tap the existing icon, it will pop up and give you a choice to change it to any pic in the Gallery.

Hey,

I don't know anything about Mac stuff, sorry.

zegolf

Reaction score

Hey,

Ah...that may be a problem. I believe the consensus around the forums is that the Droid doesn't play nice with Mac's. Your best bet might be to get a card reader and pull the card. Do some searching in the forums for ways people got their Droids to interact with their Macs.

Zodduska

Reaction score
Click on the USB icon in your Droid's notification panel and mount the SD card.