to keep my droid or get the x......??

nodoubt

Reaction score
i have till aug 30th to decide.....
what will my phone be worth 6 months from now if i keep it?
what will i be able to get an x for in 6 months?
will the diff be more than the 85 dollar hit i will take to trade up, if i do it before the 30th of this month??

think i really want the bigger screen of the x.....
will they have the volume issue fixed by the end of this month ??
ideas, suggestions??

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Id keep your droid and wait a couple months for the Pro or fascinate. The super amoled screen makes lcd look like ****. The pro's 1.3ghz processor will be considerably faster than the 1ghz processor. Plus it will have a 4 inch screen AND a great keyboard. The x will be obselite by early next year IMO.

OP
N

nodoubt

Reaction score
Id keep your droid and wait a couple months for the Pro or fascinate. The super amoled screen makes lcd look like ****. The pro's 1.3ghz processor will be considerably faster than the 1ghz processor. Plus it will have a 4 inch screen AND a great keyboard. The x will be obselite by early next year IMO.
yeah ive seen the samsung screen with that new am screen....
it does make the x look like crap in comparison...
on par with the new apple......
4 inch screen would be about right also....
decisions, decisions........
tx for the input......

Reaction score
Because of the size, I think the X is gonna be a big flop... No one wants to carry around a laptop in their pocket.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Because of the size, I think the X is gonna be a big flop... No one wants to carry around a laptop in their pocket.

Seems to be selling out just fine. I wouldn't buy the X for a number of reasons, but I definitely want a solid 4in screen. Would like a super AMOLED screen more than an SLCD though.

I'd hold onto the Droid 1 for a while longer, see what happens. Anyone who bough the Droid 1 near launch should still be on contract for a few months if they had a 1yr contract, or another 10 months if they got a 2yr contract.

M.Opaliski

Reaction score
My one year mark is November 8th, I tried for an early upgrade with no luck, planned to (still planning) move to Droid X as soon as possible however, reading a bit here I'm think maybe I'll just wait.

What is the deal with the Droid X volume?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
My one year mark is November 8th, I tried for an early upgrade with no luck, planned to (still planning) move to Droid X as soon as possible however, reading a bit here I'm think maybe I'll just wait.

What is the deal with the Droid X volume?

Just a bit of advice...you may want to pay more attention to the commemts of those that own/use both phones....the comments from those that do not are null.

There will always be rumors and facts of a newer better phone coming...but the comparion here was between Droid 1 and Droid X...there is none. Once you spend a day with the larger screen, which BTW actually produces white (I always thought my Droid did too, but beside the X the Droid's whites are yellow), the total speed and smoothness and the total feel and features of the X..you will give your Droid to your wife. Don't anyone misunderstand, I am an original adopter of the Droid from November, and one of it's strongest supporters (still think it's great)...but comparing the later technology, speed and features of the X...as I said, there is no comparison.

FYI, if you happen to have another non-smartphone line that is eligable for an upgrade you can transfer the NE2 to your main/smartphone line..