To all the naysayers and haters of the DX2...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I agree with the OP that the X2 is getting a bad rep, keep in mind as someone else mentioned previously that is the nature of the beast.

It happens with every upgrade, and every new phone release. I even was swayed by all the negativity about the Thunderbolt until my wife got one.

People will complain more then praise. One person loves it, he tells two people. Someone doesn't like it, otherwise known as user error, he gets on the internet and complain about it.

Please keep the tone of the thread down. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Commodore 64 screens went out in the late 80s I think.
X2 is bringing them back.
Seriously who can look at that screen without laughing.
Bet pong looks awesome on it though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The thousands of people who own one, apparently. The OP made comment on that.

I'm sure you read the previous posts before commenting.;)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Not hating, but where's the lte and front camera. Too late in the game not to have these imho. I'm sure great phone besides these little nuances.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

1. 4G/Lte is not ready for prime time and sucks battery like a black hole.

2. Who wants a freaking FFC? I mean really I who uses them?
Personally I would put a bit of electrical tape over mine if I had one that is.

Of course I get your point, it's like going backwards. Like any processor slower than 1 Ghz or less that 500 GB of RAM.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Not hating, but where's the lte and front camera. Too late in the game not to have these imho. I'm sure great phone besides these little nuances.

The LTE is overrated, it was nice at times but ate your battery like none other. At times and this was experiences numerous times in the month + I had the TB in where the 4G would just be slower than 3G, which is just sad. 3G is still fine, yes in the next 2 years I'm pretty sure no more 3G devices will be sold. It's understandable that Verizon's 4G LTE network is still in it's infancy stages, and will take time to perfect. I'm hoping for better speeds from the 4G imo 5-12 mbps down is pretty weak. Considering ITU requirements are : "Peak data rates of up to approximately 100 Mbit/s for high mobility such as mobile access and up to approximately 1 Gbit/s for low mobility such as nomadic/local wireless access, according to the ITU requirements."

Hopefully in the next 2-3 years we will see such speeds with Verizon's "4G" LTE. Front facing camera is just a vanity item imo, and not necessary.

mack19318

Reaction score
While I agree with the OP that the X2 is getting a bad rep, keep in mind as someone else mentioned previously that is the nature of the beast.

It happens with every upgrade, and every new phone release. I even was swayed by all the negativity about the Thunderbolt until my wife got one.

People will complain more then praise. One person loves it, he tells two people. Someone doesn't like it, otherwise known as user error, he gets on the internet and complain about it.

Please keep the tone of the thread down. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

So what does your wife think of the thunderbolt versus the x2 ?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MuscleDroids

Reaction score

Here we go....someone has always got to start the negativity. People are happy with this phone! So let them be! Or maybe not get all hot n bothered because someone likes a phone u hate. Or maybe read the thread about not being negative and have respect.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I'm still debating if I want to buy one or not. I could care less for a lousy 1.3 front facing camera or 4g those features aren't so great that it would make me choose another phone over it. I'm perfectly happy with my x. I think if I got an x2 it would be lightning quick and perfect for me. Just my .02.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Erock13

Reaction score
I actually love this phone now.. At first I wasnt impressed, in its stock form, its slow and laggy and has issues, moto and vz really half assed the software and r&d on this thing, idk if they even tried.. but after freezing all the bloat, getting go launcher on it, running v6 script with my own custom values, doing the build.prop home priority tweak, and setting the lcd density to 230 for an even higher res looking screen, this thing really is amazing.. I had a dx for awhile so i experimented with that alot and id like to with this one, just wish an sbf would come out, and hopefully a dev can build a rom for this thing, was running liberty gingerbread for awhile and loved it, before i spilled windex on it and had to replace it through insurance.. cant wait for overclock on this thing as well.. i prolly wouldnt go back to the dx1 if i had the choice..

Last edited:
OP
M

MrWilliams

Reaction score

DX2 Envy? This dude is rocking a slider! Nice keyboard by the way.

moomooplatter

Reaction score
I came from an LG enV Touch, so I'm perfectly happy with this phone in its entirety. Even without rooting, which I'm fixing to do, this phone is amazing. Also most flaws you see in the screen are disgusting remnants of motoblur, taking black vector graphics and putting them over anything output to the screen, then extending them in the direction of their motion. It's time to free my phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
Definitely not a hater!!!!

4G and FFC- Entirely unnecessary!!! I wont see reliable 4G for quite a while and I know around 10 people that have FFC's. Do you know how many of them actually use them? None.

As far as the screen is concerned- SAMOLED and all the others are great indoors. However, try comparing them to the X2's screen outdoors. I guarantee you that you will prefer the X2 in that scenario.

J

JriderG

4G and FFC- Entirely unnecessary!!! I wont see reliable 4G for quite a while and I know around 10 people that have FFC's. Do you know how many of them actually use them? None.

As far as the screen is concerned- SAMOLED and all the others are great indoors. However, try comparing them to the X2's screen outdoors. I guarantee you that you will prefer the X2 in that scenario.

In the next two years everyone will have one. Things progress fast.

nateohio

Reaction score

In the next two years everyone will have one. Things progress fast.

No doubt, but it will still be a feature I wont use. I dont do video chat on my computer, let alone my phone. That's just me though!