Does anyone know...

deborah3756

Reaction score
If there's another update coming for DX2? I have the Gingerbread, is there another update in the works? What is the 2.34 update? Just wondering...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

srvctec

Reaction score
If there's another update coming for DX2? I have the Gingerbread, is there another update in the works? What is the 2.34 update? Just wondering...

2.3.4 IS Gingerbread. Froyo was 2.3.3. No idea if Ice Cream Sandwich will be available for the DX2 in the next few weeks or not. It's the latest and greatest Android OS that is coming out on some new phones in the near future.

Sent from my DROID X2

Triumphrider

Reaction score
Froyo was 2.2..... Gingerbread is 2.3.....

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

srvctec

Reaction score
Froyo was 2.2..... Gingerbread is 2.3.....

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

You are correct, don't know what I was thinking. I did know that GB is 2.3, though. :) BUT, I only have 2.3.3 on my phone- no idea if 2.3.4 is even available for the DX2 yet. Apparently I was half asleep when posting earlier. :blush:

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
2.3.4 as of now for the Droid x2 is a port from atrix(rom)

srvctec

Reaction score
2.3.4 as of now for the Droid x2 is a port from atrix(rom)

That's probably where I got that number stuck in my head- read it on the forums a while back. I won't root my phone so for non-rooted phones 2.3.3 is the latest version.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
As far as I know, I'm sure there's been a few update patches but as far as android version I believe 2.3.3 is up to date

WookieClaws

Reaction score
My wife has 2.3.4 on her Droid 3. Someone on here mentioned that Moto was aware of the music skipping issue and working on it, so that may be a tweak we get. Other than that I doubt we will see an update unless we get Ice Cream Sandwich... with Google buying Moto that ups our chances greatly.

nateohio

Reaction score
There is a leaked sbf of the X2 2.3.4 available over at xda. I'm running it right now and love it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1284679

This is supposed to be the software coming out in the soak test.

Last edited:

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
2.2.2 was froyo 2.3.3 was gingerbread. Which is what we all have. However in the next 2 weeks or so we will be getting 2.3.4. As for ice cream sandwich update (4.0) Motorola stated that all their dual core phones will be getting it. Hopefully they don't lie