Titanium Backup After GB update

northeastern

Reaction score
I am very new to this whole rom/root/everything idea but from what I have been told and what I read that once I was done flashing the Gingerbread leak through bootstrap i would be able to load my saved apps/data from titanium backup and all would be normal.

I tried this and it left my phone all but unusable. i managed to sit through the very slow loading and got the bootstrap and reran the gingerbread zip. now my phone is working but i am afraid to load my saved data through titanium because i do not want that to happen again. did i do something wrong? is there a different way i can get my phonebook back?

OP
N

northeastern

Reaction score
i donestly dont know what that means haha but it would start up and would give me the normal locked screen but when i unloocked it would go black with only the notification bar visible. if i double tapped home it brought me my applications list and after a lot of waiting i got bootstrap to open and got back into the clockwork screen (i think is what its called) and i wiped it and then reinstalled the zip.

now i have gb but no contacts and when i try to make calls the sound is very very low... and im afraid to reload my saved info from titanium backup.

did i do something wrong? any suggestions?

Snipe_AT

Reaction score
I think the first "boot loop" was from you not wiping your data before you flashed the GB leak.

If you add your google account to the 'accounts' section in 'settings' all your contacts and calendars and apps will be restored automatically.

Not sure why titanium didn't work correctly though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums