Noob in need of help

negropy

Reaction score
So I'm really new at rooting and Fission sounds awesome. I rooted with z4root with no problems. I installed the rooted apps and everything is going great. I would like to take the next step and put Fission rom, but I would like to know if I can go back to stock R2D2 if I ever change my mind, or if I want to get stock gingerbread whenever VZW gets around to do it. I got titanium backup and backed apps and system, downloaded bootstrap recovery and did a backup. Is this what people call a 'nandroid backup?' I also downloaded full Fission Rom Manager after donation but I'm afraid to pull the trigger. What else do I need and am I going to go back? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my R2D2

trook

Reaction score
Yes, bootstrap recovery and tye backup you made with it is a nandroid backup. Backup your contacts to gmail and read over the info in the hacking/rom install class, it will talk about sbf. Sbf is the file needed to return your phone to its out of the box state, unfortunately I don't think they have it for the r2d2, you can use the droid 2 sbf but it will remove all trace of r2d2 and your phone will be a droid 2 in a r2 shell. But there are roms that are r2d2 so you can always run a r2 rom or restore your backup. If you need anything just ask.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
N

negropy

Reaction score
Thanks Trook. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. I saved all the R2 apk's in case I decide I want them. FRM should install 2.6 on it's own, right? Is there anything special on my bootloader that won't let me use 2.3.20 based roms that you know of? I didn't find anything on the forums

Sent from my R2D2

OP
N

negropy

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks for your help. I'm running fission and it's frigging awesome. Can't believe I waited this long :)

Sent from my R2D2