Tired Of Depressing News?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you tired of only hearing the sad news every day, the tragic stories, the "bad" news? Google is looking to add a new command to the Home speakers so you can ask for good news. It's supposed to offer positive news stories to help us remember that there are good people in the world, doing good things. When it's available, just say...."Hey Google....tell me something good".

Seems like a good idea to me. We can all benefit from some good news & positive stories sometimes.

Hey Google, tell me something good

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We have a Google speaker that my husband loves. When he wakes up, maybe he can enjoy some good news today

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mx Charles Cox

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Twitter
https://twitter.com/mxcox
I don't want hearing bad news too, what are your other source of good news via web, facebook is no longer a good source of good moods as well.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We have a Google speaker that my husband loves. When he wakes up, maybe he can enjoy some good news today

I don't think the new functionality has rolled out yet, but should be coming soon. Give it a try & let us know when it seems to be updated.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The best thing I have ever done was turn off the 24 hr news. I don't care whether you are a Foxnews person, CNN, MNBC, whatever. About time some get really into it they find themselves getting so upset with "the other side" mucking up the country. We can get so caught up that it do become depressing.

I don't want to ignore society's whoas, but man I get so wore down. We can debate sports all day long. Call the other dude's team qb a bum and no one gets their feelings hurt. It gets laughed off and on with our day. Call a certain party or politician a bum and those are fighting words. You would think someone was defending a family member.

Ohh I digress..... I'm steering this thread in a wrong direction.

But some positive news about a police department raising funds to support at risk youth by coaching, buying equipment, or chauffeuring them to practice and games. Now that is positive.

How about a church or a community group taking it upon themselves to grocery shop and maintain the yards for elderly widows.

Even better are a community of people with different political views coming together to talk it out and actually make a change in their communities. They start in their own backyards by watching each other's houses, getting to know each other as people and enjoying a game over some cold beverages. They then spread beyond their backyards into the neighborhoods by keeping their neighborhoods safe for all their kids. Then spread to their town by helping the homeless, supporting schools and youth programs, encouraging young men to stay in school, and taking the time to understand each other's concerns as it was their own. Not treating a person's problem as their problem but our problem. And this positive attitude spreads to the emergency workers who are held to an expected standard to treat all their citizens with respect, even in upholding the law. It spread to the citizens teaching their kids and students to respect our emergency workers who charge into danger so they can help people get out. Yup this is the positive news I want to hear day.

So "Hey Google, tell me something good".

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't seen this work yet on my Home speakers, but also haven't tried today or yesterday.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Watched that movie while on the treadmill. Wow. Talk about a movie to lift your faith in humanity.
00530b12904d57c3f6b951f4165853ed.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It looks like Tell Me Something Good is now working (and might have been turned on a few days ago, I forgot to check). But I just asked my Home to tell me something good and she read a positive news story and then asks if she can send it to my phone.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't think the new functionality has rolled out yet, but should be coming soon. Give it a try & let us know when it seems to be updated.

Ok!

pchain

Reaction score
I welcome any app, podcast, RSS feed, radio show, cable news show etc that seeks to focus on good news and positive stories.

The reason is simple:

Good news unites us.

Currently our media culture seeks to divide us, and it's hard for us to stay positive and focus on good things when all we hear and see is bad things. The debates and arguments over bad news are now news. It's unfortunate that bad news gets our full attention and it's sells better as a result.

So anything that is positive and brings us together I will support wholeheartedly.