Facebook Fights Dirty – Uses Underhanded Techniques to Attack Google [Video]

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Facebook Fights Dirty – Uses Underhanded Techniques to Attack Google [video]

by Chris Chavez on July 7th, 2011 at 8:01 pm
Looks like Google+ may have Facebook running scared but just how worried is the social networking giant? Well, if this attempt at a smear campaign is any indication, they may be getting desperate.

[video=youtube;i7qtEosYd7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qtEosYd7Q]YouTube - ‪Bloomberg News: Facebook trying to attack "Google Plus Social Circles"‬‏[/video]

Christopher Soghoian is security and privacy blogger and it’s because of this area of expertise that Facebook’s PR firm, Burson-Marsteller, singled him out to write up a story attacking Google and their Circles. The PR firm even went as far as telling Soghoian that if he was “too busy” to write up the story, they would do him the favor of writing one for him, all he would have to do is sign his name on the by line.
The PR firm also approached 3 other privacy researchers promising them front page stories in high profile news venues like The Washington Post but even then, they couldn’t find anyone to bite. Soghoian, who was worried someone would eventually take them up on their offer, published the emails on his blog and appeared on Bloomberg West so that no one would be able to discredit him.
It’s also worth mentioning that although Burson-Marstellar wouldn’t disclose exactly who was funding them but apparently the owner of The Washington Post just so happens to be on the board of Facebook. That should be enough to make you scratch your chin.
I can tell you that we get emails all the time by PR agencies asking us to review or cover their product but nothing along these lines. What do you guys think? Is all fair in love and social networking? Or will this latest stunt have you immediately deleting your Facebook profile and heading for Google+’s greener pastures?
[Via Bloomberg]

SOURCE: PHANDROID/BLOOMBERG

warped1987

Reaction score
I have been waiting all along for Google+ to come out so I can get on board

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Fortunately I'm already on Google+, and have some pretty shady issues with FB myself. About 3 days ago, I posted on FB asking my friends and family to try out Google+ and to send me their emails so I could send out invites. My post ended up with about 300 comments in 2 days. I wake up after 2 days of commenting to find that my post had been deleted! This has happened to numerous people posting anything about Google+ on FB. I think it's a low blow by FB and just shows even more, how scared they are of Google+. As soon as I can get my family and friends on Google+, it will be bye bye for good to FB. I like my privacy! I understand that Google+ has some issues right now, however, it IS still in testing. Pretty sure Google will get the kinks worked out before they open it to everyone. Just my opinion, but again, I'm just waiting for everyone (almost everyone) I have on FB to jump ship and then FB can shove it!

xXPrOwLeRXx

Reaction score
I'm right behind you broseph!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Fortunately I'm already on Google+, and have some pretty shady issues with FB myself. About 3 days ago, I posted on FB asking my friends and family to try out Google+ and to send me their emails so I could send out invites. My post ended up with about 300 comments in 2 days. I wake up after 2 days of commenting to find that my post had been deleted! This has happened to numerous people posting anything about Google+ on FB. I think it's a low blow by FB and just shows even more, how scared they are of Google+. As soon as I can get my family and friends on Google+, it will be bye bye for good to FB. I like my privacy! I understand that Google+ has some issues right now, however, it IS still in testing. Pretty sure Google will get the kinks worked out before they open it to everyone. Just my opinion, but again, I'm just waiting for everyone (almost everyone) I have on FB to jump ship and then FB can shove it!

If this post were on Google+, I'd +1 it :)

+1

*customized tapatalk signature*

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

+1

Oh I posted it! LOL. Must not have you added to one of my circles or something?

Oxymoron

Reaction score

+1

Oh I posted it! LOL. Must not have you added to one of my circles or something?

Probably not. I didn't do anything with G+ for a week or so because the invites were shut down. Just added a post today. I'll add you soon. If you get on before me, I'm *edit* at gmail dot com.

Lolz, I'm an idiot :-D

Last edited:

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Probably not. I didn't do anything with G+ for a week or so because the invites were shut down. Just added a post today. I'll add you soon. If you get on before me, I'm quinsdad at gmail dot com.

Added you!

Abadus

Reaction score
Yeah I though who cares at first. But then there is my mom all over my facebook. Has to comment and like everything I post, even if it is techy stuff she knows nothing about. Drives me insane.

Looking forward to Google +.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Yeah I though who cares at first. But then there is my mom all over my facebook. Has to comment and like everything I post, even if it is techy stuff she knows nothing about. Drives me insane.

That made me giggle... in the manliest way possible, of course.

Moms... gotta love 'em.

coltzfan

Reaction score

Same thing happened to me too. Did you see you can set up groups or something like that on Facebook. Really. I think they are running scared.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dark juggalo

Reaction score
the funny thing is though is that alot of people are gonna use FB to get the word out about G+...I'm already posting my friends to send me their e-address so I can invite them.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

I can send you an invite, if you want, PM me your email address.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

Same thing happened to me too. Did you see you can set up groups or something like that on Facebook. Really. I think they are running scared.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yeah lol, I also just saw Zuckerburg on TV saying that now FB will incorporate video chatting now as well!

BTW..........Mark Zuckerburg.......uses Google+
https://plus.google.com/104560124403688998123/posts