Time to reset I guess

krazzyjman

Reaction score
So, my phone has been buggy lately with things like not being able to open my gallery and I decided I am going to do a factory reset. I was wondering if there was any way to back up all of my pictures, contacts, and apps so I can just add them right back to my phone once I finished the reset.
Thanks

kevinkar

Reaction score
Connect it to your PC using the included USB cable, change it to file mode and simply copy the data to the PC and restore them after the reset?

Or copy the data to the SD card, remove the SD card, reset and pop the card back in after?

As for the phone contacts, you can use the included Backup Assistant to back them up to your Verizon account and if you use Gmail, those contacts are already backed up in your Gmail account. Same is true of any Facebook contacts.

Any apps that you purchased should automatically reinstall after the reset and I think any free apps you've installed might do so automatically too (search the forum for that as I think others have info on that.)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, my phone has been buggy lately with things like not being able to open my gallery and I decided I am going to do a factory reset. I was wondering if there was any way to back up all of my pictures, contacts, and apps so I can just add them right back to my phone once I finished the reset.
Thanks

Pictures - stored on the sdcard in /dcim/camera
Contacts - synced to your gmail account
Apps - from the home screen/settings/privacy and make sure Backup My Data and Automatic Restore are checked. About 90% of the time this re-downloads all the apps I was using previously (even the free apps).