Droid X Factory Reset Problems

BK1ng82

Reaction score
Ever since the .604 update, I can no longer do a factory reset. When I run the factory reset I will get an error saying Master Clear error. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. After the reset all it will do is clear my phone number off the device so i have to dial *228 to get my number back onto the phone.

mwitzah

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I do the reset through the privacy option in the phone's settings, or the hard reset - either option does nothing but eliminate my phone's connectivity and that's it. I'm so frustrated, I'd really appreciate some help - I've searched this site and googled all the terms, including the accompanying e:can't open/cache/recovery/command that I see when i'm in the hard reset.... nothng. i've hard reset about twent times because someone posted somewhere that they did it a second time after getting the "master clear error" and it worked - but nothing.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You trying doing one from the actual recovery menu? Power off the phone then hold the HOME button and power at the same time. Little triangle with ! in it will pop up, then you hit the SEARCH button (far left hard key). Then use your volume button to toggle down to wipe data and hit the red camera button to select it.

mwitzah

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. Yes, I did the power off and restart while hitting home button...that's what I referred to as a hard reset (is that the correct term?) The other attempt i made was by hitting the settings in the phone, choosing privacy, and doing a reset that way. If i do it thru settings, i get the "master" error message. If i do the hard reset (power up while holding home button ) i don't get the error, but regardless i do not get any changes at all but for losing my phone connection (and having to do the *228) i have master reset this droid x before, once, no problem... but now, nada.

Anyone have any suggestions? ?

I was having trouble with some of my texts sending, randomly, so id have to power off then powr back on and a bunch of my old texts would suddenly send. Happens daily now?? Finally figured id reset it to fix...but now, new problem!

Many thx!