Thunderbolt vs fascinate

jr313

Reaction score
Its up to you, but I would probably wait for dual core or at least more ram. Tb looks like a nice phone but doesn't look that much of a step up from the fascinate. Also htc said only dual core phones would get the next version of sense 3.0

Sent from my fascinate

WOW man u r sadly mistakn the fascinate couldnt hold the TB's jockstrap bro...i had a fascinate bfore this rooted and man its not even close to bn as good a phone as my TB unrooted out the box..

Sent from the phone that makes all other phones bow down

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its all opinion. The tb is a great phone dont get me wrong. But fascinate with superclean voodoo is super fast and it seams like it is not worth spending 250 for tb if you got a voodoo fassy. fascinate can hold its chops against these other phones.

Sent from my fascinate

jr313

Reaction score
Its all opinion. The tb is a great phone dont get me wrong. But fascinate with superclean voodoo is super fast and it seams like it is not worth spending 250 for tb if you got a voodoo fassy. fascinate can hold its chops against these other phones.

Sent from my fascinate
It is opinion true but have u even touched a TB?? just out the box without any modifications to it BLOWS the fascinate rooted with mods out the box...now the TB rooted running at 1.8 dude its not even close not even a comparison...and jsut to add to the mix all the devs that have chosen to come over to the TB and bless us with their work not even fair...but thats my opinion choose for your self..liks ive said i had the fascinate and was very disappointed with it the only thig i did like was the screen and my TB killz dat too, OH and we r about to have gingerbread stock with sense by june and even faster wit root and samsung is just gettn froyo...

perfoliate

Reaction score
I did enjoy the fascinate the short amount of time I got to play with it but not enough time to really compare them. But I will say this, having been a droid 1 owner for almost 18 months the Thunderbolt stock is smoother than any combination of roms or kernels on the droid 1 I've tried, and thats just about all of them. Battery life is really not that much different it's all about usage. I only charge at night and have no issues going the full day on moderate usage. If I'm using it mimimally it can last two days. As far as heat goes even with it overclocked to 1.4 it doesn't get as hot as my D1 did.

I will say this though using system panel I've noticed on a few occasions after a reboot while connected to the charger the cpu usage will stay pegged at full speed. If I were to continue to run the phone it would drain the battery very quickly, not sure what's causing it maybe some sort of bug. Maybe this is what some other people complaining about battery life are running into. I'm sure this will be addressed in the future. A simple reboot seems to do the trick.

Other than that the Thunderbolt rocks and fully unlocked and ready to roll, and there are a ton of great dev's woking on this phone. Things are gonna blow wide open very soon.

OP
N

n660623x

Reaction score
Stelv ..the thing that made me really consider it was that I have an upgrade available to tb for 199 and verizon will give me 132 for my fascinate...meaning id pay only 67 for a tb. Id def not pay 249 for it I completely agree not enough difference to pay that much.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well thats a pretty good price then. I am saving my upgrade. You may be able to get grandfathered into lower 4g pricing though if you get the tb now. But you will not be able to get a phone upgrade discount for 2yrs though. So there pluses and minuses. For me I am going to wait for a phone that wows me as much as the fascinate did. The tb is very capable according to people here so I am sure it will not let you down, but its not enough of a difference from fascinate for me. It all comes down to the pluses and minuses for you.

Sent from my fascinate

derek33

Reaction score
I'm sorry but the fascinate is a horrible phone at least the three that I had till I got the Droid x then the thunderbolt

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
To buy or not?

Bottom line is same as my signature: Your money, your choice. I find out what others think about a phone, then I decide to buy or not, basing it upon what I learn through this site and others and what I see in the store when I look and hold the phone for myself. Ultimately, you buy what you want and or justify buying. :icon_cool:

OP
N

n660623x

Reaction score
Stelv.....are you saying that 4g is going to cost more than 3g ? If so any idea how much difference?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

derek33

Reaction score
Yea you have a point but when the fascinate was my first ever Samsung phone an it kept having problems an I sent them all back. all three an then got the Droid x which I thought would not be any better an it was its a great phone. An I have always had palm or HTC or even Motorola's. I also had to take in my galaxy tab 4 times due to software glitches. One or two because I added txt msging an I couldn't send or receive an spent an hour an a half with data tech each time. So I took it back an paid the extra 400 an got the Xoom. Which is also a better tablet. Samsung needs a lil more work. That is from my experience with there "high end devices" as well as family an friends an associates.

jr313

Reaction score
My girlfriend got the TB on launch day, this is what I have observed so far:

pros:
-4G is obviously blazing fast
-New version of HTC sense is flawless
-fast boot (not supported by all apps)
-solid phone, you won't smash this one
-gorilla glass screen (unlike the dinc)
-Large size makes for a pleasant user experience
-same snappy processor we are used to with the dinc and evo

Cons:
-HORRENDOUS battery life. Despite what others may tell you about it, if you are a moderate to heavy user, the battery life is absolutely terrible. She is lucky to get 4-5 hours out of it. This can somewhat be circumvented by shutting the mobile data (LTE/EVDO) off using a widget. Don't plan to play games and be on Facebook all day with this one, it simply won't happen. Also it is impossible to switch 3G or 4G off seperately so your phone will drain your battery switching between the two constantly.
-On her phone it has the same slow GPS issue as the Fascinate does now.
-Phone runs HOT. As hot as my OG droid does running a 1.1 ghz kernel.
-The phone is technically already outdated tech. Its a rebranded EVO, which has already been out for close to a year now. Newer phones will be out VERY soon if you can just hold out a bit longer.

My personal opinion? Its not for me. I need a phone that will at least last me a shift at work or a day of classes, and this phone absolutely will not unless you barely use it. It certainly isn't worth getting a phone that is so multimedia capable but can't truly harness this due to extremely poor battery life.
There an app for switching between 3g and 4g in the market your girl should check it out..itll save her battery big time...it called LTE OnOff try it out da difference is very noticable i use my phone heavy txtn, gtalkn, playing games and surfing and the battery lasts me at least 10-12 hrs wit just 3g on

derek33

Reaction score
Hey have you heard anything about them adding a toggle switch widget like they have with the EVO?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
N

n660623x

Reaction score
Anybody have any input on how good the radio and gps are on tb.....my fascinate barely has a signal when im indoors..im hoping tb is better. And no matter what radio I try never seems to get any better.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Compared to my previous Droid x, thunderbolt has a much better reception and gps.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt