Thunderbolt or bionic?

HDDroid

Reaction score
Down to 50% power after about 4 hours taken off the charger. Surfed a bit more this time around and downloaded a small app.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Thunderbolt by all means! There's no way in hell I'd ever own another Motoblur device, ever! If the Bionic is rolled out non-vanilla with Motoblur installed it'll suffer the same fate as the Atrix. The Atrix seemed like it didn't even have a dual-core processor. The Inspire & T-bolt both feel like a snappier phone than the Atrix & the Bionic will share the same Tegra 2 processors.

Plus the look of the Bionic just looks really cheap & plasticy like the Atrix does, no metallic accents like the HTC phones have, which I feel add to its premium built feeling.
Where are the "metallic" accents on the TB?

EdForsythe

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about Motoblur vs HTC Sense. I have seen at least two reviews comparing the TB to the DX and both indicate that the TB "seems" a little faster. If all the evals about Motoblur being slow, laggy, etc. are true the TB should be significantly faster than the DX.:confused:

mthorn79

Reaction score
Thunderbolt by all means! There's no way in hell I'd ever own another Motoblur device, ever! If the Bionic is rolled out non-vanilla with Motoblur installed it'll suffer the same fate as the Atrix. The Atrix seemed like it didn't even have a dual-core processor. The Inspire & T-bolt both feel like a snappier phone than the Atrix & the Bionic will share the same Tegra 2 processors.

Plus the look of the Bionic just looks really cheap & plasticy like the Atrix does, no metallic accents like the HTC phones have, which I feel add to its premium built feeling.
Where are the "metallic" accents on the TB?

First you have the aluminum trim around the edges on the front (made from the same aluminum backing on the Inspire), then you have the metallic ear piece at the top, followed by the metallic volume rockers/power on button, metallic accents around the camera lens/flash, then finally the metallic kickstand & speaker mesh underneath.

To most, they couldn't give a hill of beans about this, but to me just seems the way they design it, they put love into it by going that extra steps to put these accents on their phones.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about Motoblur vs HTC Sense. I have seen at least two reviews comparing the TB to the DX and both indicate that the TB "seems" a little faster. If all the evals about Motoblur being slow, laggy, etc. are true the TB should be significantly faster than the DX.:confused:

The tb is WAY faster than the dx. It's honestly not even close.

*and for those who will argue that "my dx is just as fast as the tb I played with in the store", I'm talking about stock vs stock. Not a rooted, overclocked, optimized dx running vanilla Android vs a display model.

Sent from my ADR6400L

joshoid

Reaction score
I am waiting to see if the Bionic has a unlocked boot loader or if there is a work around. If not then I will be happy to purchase the then price reduced Tbolt. Either way I'm excited about the new possibilities of upcoming computers... I mean phones... I mean phones with computer powers... .....

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I will be sooooo mad if the Bionic is released in april. i just got the TB!! Honestly though, the only real reason i would want the Bionic is larger battery, if you used an Atrix and a Inspire before, the Inspire feels like a smoother experience, and the Atrix has twice the RAM as the Bionic, so the Bionic probably wont be THAT much faster. I think that the TB will be just fine until Qualcomm releases the Snapdragon multicore processors. Now that will be something REALLY worth waiting for. NVidea is already forgetting about the Tegra 2 and talking about the Tegra 3 anyway. Hopefully, something is done about the TBs battery soon.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
I waited so long for the TB I started reading how much better the Bionic will be. I checked out the TB today and was not impressed. Held side by side with the Droid X the X had better screen resolution and felt better in my big hands. Also there is 8gb internal memory on the TB and I checked how much memory was being used with the few apps it had installed and there was only 2 gb's of memory left. The rep had no explaination. I could live with the TB but I prefer to wait alittle longer then compare both side by side.
You are the voice of reason Jeff. I completely agree with you. I was using an antique LG Dare until my son gave me an LG Env and I was anxious to update to the TB. However, the more I compared it to the DX the more I realized it wasn't worth blowing my month to month on the TB. If I had a DX I wouldn't even consider the TB. I'm not too encouraged by the Bionic because it.s essentially a VZ Atrix? and it's getting mediocre reviews.The displays are the same type and the Atrix is not getting great reviews. I *am* enthusiastic about the SAMOLED Plus because that appears to be an iPhone competitor. So here comes the Galaxy S II.Tough decisions :confused:- Buy the TB now on a 1 year contract and next March I will have an awesome selection field. Wait a few months and find that the Bionic won't be released until mid summer or later (or it's a loser) and I've lost valuable fun time stuck with my LG. I should have jumped on the DX when it was released. I would be completely satisfied with it for the rest of a 1 year contract.(10 months).:frown:

vzdroid13

Reaction score
The only thing i really dont like about the TB is the battery. It is simply unacceptable, but my droid was just too slow and i wanted unlimited 4g before it was too late and i was so tired of my droid. What i might do is add a line when the Bionic comes out, switch the bionic to the TBs number, and put a basic phone on the other line. Or mabye the iphone 5 if it has LTE. Does anyone know if they would let me do this.