Thunderbolt now or Bionic later?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Personally, I say wait. The Bionic is right around the corner. Wait till it comes, compare the two and make your choice.

I will say after playing with the Thunderbolt for a couple of hours, I was unimpressed. It's gorgeous hardware, but that's about it. That's just my opinion, as others might feel otherwise. Which is why you should make the choice yourself.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I also played with the Thunderbolt for some time at both Verizon and Best Buy. It is an impressive phone, but I think I'm going to wait. Time is on our side and the prices will come down. Most estimate the Bionic will be cheaper anyway.

GDP

Reaction score
I'd wait. The bionic looks amazing and Motorola makes real nice phones. Plus it's dual core. The only issue might be with the pricing plans. They might ditch the unlimited 4g plan before the bionic comes out

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Wow...grow up guys and stop insulting each other for no reason. Just makes you look like an a**h*** teenager (which if I were to guess, you probably are)

Sent from my ADR6400L

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Moto is nice, HTC is nice, both have pros and cons. I have always had moto I want change. That's me. Dual core is cool. But right now I don't need it cus I don't really game on my phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

billyk

Reaction score
The TB is awesome, plus I can lock in unlimited 4g at 3g rates - that's a big deal for me as I have 5 phones with data. Battery life is a concern, however.

The Bionic looks very promising and may have the battery life to make 4g practical for me.

I am going to hold off and see if there is rumor of the tiered data pricing happening at the Bionic release. If the coast looks clear, I think I'll nab a Bionic. If it looks like VZW is bumping up the prices, I'll revist the TB and see how owners are fairing with the current battery issues.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would go with the Bionic. The Thunderbolt will be old technology when the Bionic is released.

only thing is VZW will be on tiered data by then, most likely... that's the only thing keeping me interested in the TB, especially with all the battery issues

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I would go with the Bionic. The Thunderbolt will be old technology when the Bionic is released.

only thing is VZW will be on tiered data by then, most likely... that's the only thing keeping me interested in the TB, especially with all the battery issues

We do not know that for sure about the tiered data. My contact said that it is not written in stone yet. Also it depends on you.. I you are doing a 1 year contract The go with the TB. If 2 Year go with the Bionic.

Last edited:

billyk

Reaction score
True! Tiered data is not a given - thankfully! That's what keeps the Bionic a real option for me.

Regarding the TB being old technology, I know about the dual-core processor in the Bionic, and I am sure there will be advantages. But, I got some hands-on time with a TB, and from a practical standpoint, everything I asked of it was delivered in the blink of an eye - lightening fast! It seems like all phones get bumped back to "older" technology within a short time after release. I am not worried about the performance of the TB.

Paying more for data, with a 5-phone plan? That gets my attention! Secondarily, the battery life of the TB is a concern.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Anybody take a look at the memory though? Should it be a concern that the Bionic is only suppose to have 512 RAM? You would think with all the other smokin specs, they'd throw a GIG in there!