Thumbnails and the problem I made.

KillerKitties

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was going through my phone and I kept finding places where my photos were being stored. I went through and moved them all to a central location on my SD card. However while doing this I came across a bunch of duplicate thumbnails. So in my genius state of mind, I decided to delete them. Well it turns out I deleted a LOT of them and only left a few remaining. It turns out the thumbnails help when you are trying to sort or preview through all my photos and now when I do that my phone almost dies as it tries to load the full picture when I go into library view.

Is there anyway to avoid this? Perhaps re-create thumbnails? use a different way of viewing the pictures so I can seem them in a standard library function and now 1 at a time?

I would appreciate any advice, because I know I f'ed up. I'll live with what I've done but hopefully there are smart people that know better than me on this stuff.

Thanks!!

srvctec

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid suggestion, but have you rebooted the phone since the "thumbnail deletion incident"? Might be worth a try if you haven't.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
K

KillerKitties

Reaction score
Actually with all the random problems I have had since release, a restart isn't a dumb suggestion at all but....yes I have :(

This many also sound strange, but I just looked at my "picture library" and it almost feels like some of the thumbnails came back... but I could just be so tried I don't remember.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, this is just a shot in the dark, but whenever I have problems with Market or the Gmail app, I go to Manage Applications/All/(select appropriate app)/Clear Data. This forces the app to totally reset itself. Think it would work with the Gallery? If it doesn't, then it's time to do a factory reset in Privacy setting.

Good luck.

switch782

Reaction score
Ok, this is a late post but I had a similar problem and tried to look for a solution online and nothing worked for me but I was able to fix mine on my own. I basically renamed every folder that contained pictures that showed up in the gallery. Once I renamed the folders it recreated the thumbnails and so I went and renamed the folders back to their original names. Now my gallery is working again. A rather simple solution lol but I hope it helps you if its not too late and others who may run into this problem.

srvctec

Reaction score
I just had an idea. Backup your photos to your computer. Then delete the entire folder(s)/photos on your sd card, reboot your phone. Copy back to your sdcard the folder(s)/photos you backed up to your computer, reboot the phone again and see if it repopulates the thumbnails then.