DCIM folder/SD Card

darkangel0646

Reaction score
When I try to look at my pictures this way by going to files/sd card/dcim/camera folder it starts loading the thumbnails and then closes out on its own, before it ever loads all the thumbnails. How do I stop this?

At first I thought maybe some of the images were corrupt so I deleted took so more and yet again that folder auto closes on me. I tried formatting and re-adding the photos but still the same problem. It only seems to do it if I have 50 or more pictures anything less then that and it loads all the thumbnails fine can someone please tell me how to fix this? Is this a issue on anyone else's phone?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I am glad to see I am not the only one experience this. I finally registered here after lurking since I got this phone. First smartphone for me. I haven't had any reboot or major issues with this phone like others have yet. I have also had the sound "pop" issue I have been reading about and while exploring after trying to move all music to sd I found the same problem you have. I saw it before but forgot about it. Also moving music to sd did not fix the skipping issue. Should I reboot after moving files? Hijack not intended.

Edit:: my issue in dcim is happening in the camera folder. I can view the same thumbnails under internal storage with no problem. Is this the same for you?

hobby31

Reaction score
First off, why are you looking at them that way? If the stock gallery app isn't to your liking there are alternatives in the market. I use one called quickpic. Second, I'm assuming you're using the stock "files" app. It sucks. Goto the market and get astro file manager. Its much better.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
First off, why are you looking at them that way? If the stock gallery app isn't to your liking there are alternatives in the market. I use one called quickpic. Second, I'm assuming you're using the stock "files" app. It sucks. Goto the market and get astro file manager. Its much better.

The first time I was there it was because I had deleted some photos from the gallery and was getting a weird reaction afterward so I went exploring into the phone to see what I could do about it after finding nothing in these forums. Noticed it had files with no thumbnail with date of the deleted pix. Got rid of em. Also have noticed it didn't happen when I had less than 50 pix in the folder. Now that im around 80so the issue is back.

Reaction score
Known bug in the stock apps. Download Quickpic from the market. It works much better. Ditto about astro as well. Both are better then what ships with the phone.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
If I use those apps will the stock apps be running in background so then I am using more ram which could make my music problem worse correct? Not rooted fyi. Also I have been hearing the gingerbread rumor since I bought the phone. Guy at the store said something about upcoming update at the time I had no idea what he meant ;) would that update be something that could fix the problem. Not that I go into that file constantly just would like to know I could if I needed to.

Apologies to OP for hijack

hobby31

Reaction score
Ok. The stock gallery on the X2 has been nothing but glitchy for me since moto incorporated the social aspect to it. You can't even see picture folders the way you could on the X1. Like I said I don't even use the stock gallery as quickpic is much faster and shows the pics the way I have them set up on the card. Second, the stock "files" app is garbage. I just tried using it to look at my dcim folder and sure enough it crashed as I have about 200 pics in it. I used astro file manager and no crash. I would suggest you get astro file manager from the market, its free and much better than the stock.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Okay. I will do that. Is there also no way to disconnect the facebook/social aspect from the gallery at all?

hobby31

Reaction score
If I use those apps will the stock apps be running in background so then I am using more ram which could make my music problem worse correct? Not rooted fyi. Also I have been hearing the gingerbread rumor since I bought the phone. Guy at the store said something about upcoming update at the time I had no idea what he meant ;) would that update be something that could fix the problem. Not that I go into that file constantly just would like to know I could if I needed to.

Apologies to OP for hijack

As far as the update nobody is going to know until it comes out. As far as the poping during music playback I don't know. I haven't had that issue. I don't use the stock music player either. I use poweramp. This one will cost you though. I think about $5 but it worth every penny as you can edit id3 tags and get album art and stuff. As far as RAM goes not everything is in the background running. I don't think the gallery or the files app willrun unless you open them.

hobby31

Reaction score
Okay. I will do that. Is there also no way to disconnect the facebook/social aspect from the gallery at all?

If you go to settings/accounts and remove facebook from it it will stop the built in social app from syncing with the gallery. Then you can go to the market and get the actually facebook app or this other app called friendme. You log in from those apps. They come with thier own widgets so you'll loose the built in one. If you don't like them just uninstall them and readd the facebook to your phone again.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Okay so poweramp and astrofile manager. I do not mind paying for an app as long as the permissions aren't ridiculous and it is known to be great. And if u recommend it I trust it more since I've seen some of ur posts and u seem to know what ur talking about. I will look into it. This is why I loved just lurking here ..glad I got involved finally. Look forward to learning a lot more