Video Thumbnails

Shadows Advent

Reaction score
When I view my gallery some videos will have a thumbnail of some random video I down loaded off the browser but even though I deleted the original video it shows on others. It's a little irritating when a ton of videos have the same thumbnail, is there a way I can delete the thumbnail picture?

dneall7

Reaction score
Repost... does anyone have an answer for this? This is a really annoying issue!

D

dvdcatalyst

When I view my gallery some videos will have a thumbnail of some random video I down loaded off the browser but even though I deleted the original video it shows on others. It's a little irritating when a ton of videos have the same thumbnail, is there a way I can delete the thumbnail picture?

A quick google search found me this:

Broken Thumbnails in Pictures Menu - Android Forums

Go onto your sdcard and delete the albumthumbs directory. That will force android to rebuild them all.

dneall7

Reaction score
I went in to the SD card and there is no folder titled "albumthumbs"... is it possible that that solution is for a phone other than the Droid? Either way, I still have the issue... but it only seems to be with videos that Ive downloaded from the web or youtube.

D

dvdcatalyst

I don't have a Droid myself, but I did remember your first post when you posted it, and figured that I might be able to find something that would help, since there were no responses.

Basically I did a google-search for "thumnail cache droid", and it showed a couple of other options as well, I skimmed through them and this one had a few responses of people who had success with it.

It might be that the folder is hidden. Enable "show hidden folders" in your file browser/windows-explorer, or if possible format the memorycard (AFTER you backup the stuff you want to keep)

It might be that there is a setting for thumbnail cache in Gallery as well.

shockracer

Reaction score
As of late yesterday my Verizon HTC One M8 doesn't show Video Thumbnails? Always has prior to last night. My wife's phone is doing the same thing, HTC One M7.